I have been insanely busy at work this week. For some reason, they seem to think I need to earn my paycheck. *rolls eyes*
*********
I am ringing the bells for the Salvation Army tomorrow for an hour. I enjoy it, it feels like I'm helping out in a very small way. But, I feel like a total moron standing out in front of the store ringing that bell. Closer to Christmas, I will hate those bell ringers and their annoying jingle jangle bells.
********
I have a Saturday to myself this week. I have no idea what to do. Maybe I'll try to finish some of my Christmas shopping. Maybe.
********
I found out tonight that my ex's cousin, who lives near me and doesn't speak to my ex, is was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a couple months ago.
********
My ex's cousin brought me venison jerky tonight. That was my dinner. Along with a couple of beers. Yum.
*******
27 comments:
Good for you ringing bells. There's a thankless task, I bet.
I gave DD and DS each a loonie to put in the other day. DS was upset that he had to give it up. *grin* We gave him a really shiny nickel and he was fine. *bigger grin*
Both my SILs have diabetes. It's not a life-ender anymore. It can be managed. Maybe tell your ex's cousin that if he needs to go on insulin instead of managing with diet and exercise, it's not his fault. I volunteered at the Diabetes Assoc. for a while and I've heard that some doctors will guilt you for not trying hard enough with the diet. That just isn't true.
And try to get to the Diabetes Assoc. conferences! Good info and free samples!
Also: I was first!
And second!
Seana, my DH has diabetes. Was diagnosed as Type 1 a year ... wow. Almost 2 years ago now. It just amazes me how many people I come into contact with on a daily basis are being diagnosed recently.
Yay for you ringing the bells!!! I think I would be terrible at it because I would be offended that people didn't give me money.
Venison jerky...you are most certainly a Southern girl.
Stoopid work!
Maybe if you offered to flash people for donating it would help?
Venison, the only time I ever had it I wasn't told what it was first. Though it tasted good, I couldn't bring myself to eat it after I knew.
mmmmmmmm
Dear Momma,
Please send me some venison jerky, or better yet if you have some venison potato sausage I want that.
Thankyou
Love,
Breezy
The cousin I met at S&J that was all into you?
Where are you ringing bells at?
I have been worried about you.
*hugs*
No, not that cousin. Another, that you probably never met.
Worried about me? Why?
*hugs*
That is cool that you ring the bells. We always have a giving trees at work and through my church. I end up buying 2-3 coats this time every year for needy children. Its the least I can do.
That is too bad about the cousin. The struggle with diabetes can be awful.
I didn't see you yesterday blogging so I was worried maybe a kido was sick or soemthing.
I understand the diabetes thing. You know how bad my moms is. I'm sure I'll be next. That is why I get checked out often.
Now I guess I better be nicer to the bell ringers, since I know one now.
I don't mind if they just ring the bell. It upsets me when they talk to me and try to make me feel guilty though.
Dear MOmma:
We would appreciate this year when you "ring the bells" for us that you use the one provided.
Please do not attach the jingle bells to your nipples and twirl. While donations increased with your acrobatics many of our other more advanced age volunteers felt inadequate.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Salvation Army Management
*giggles at Zombs*
It's nice to see you back momma. I noticed you were away. *smooch*
Good for you ringing the bells. I know I could never do that.
Enjoy your Saturday off. Put up your feet and relax.
Nookie <----- dislikes any kind of jerky
Dear Salvation Army Management:
If you would bring the goddamned red bucket and bell at the appointed time, then I wouldn't have to attach my own bells to my nipples and twirl.
Thank you,
Momma
Dear Momma,
Thank-you for bringing the matter of the tardy bell deliverer to our attention. It appears that one of our volenteers was a little too apprciative of last years performance and thought that you might improvise this year if denied proper bellage and bucket.
Our apologies
Thank-you
Salvation Army Management
Dear Momma:
This years assistant will be a penguin holding a cup of coffee.
Please do not let passerbys anger it. It gets a little peckish and will not hesitate to use a postmaul.
*ring ring*
Oh and don't try to "hide the bells" this year either.
Head Army Dude.
Venison jerky=ick. I realize that I am likely biased as I was the lucky winner of growing up in a house where my dad liked to dry his venison to make jerky all the time which made the house smell very strongly. Perhaps you could pair it with Coco's sauerkraut and have a meal that I would definitely never steal.
As for beer for dinner...that is a great plan.
Mmmm.. moose jerky.
Dear Army Management Person,
I would like to point out to you that last year's coffee was of unacceptable quality. Please be sure to provide freshly-ground Kenyan to ensure competent assistantship this year.
Sincerely,
The Penguin
Dear Bloggy Peeps,
Thank you. On a day as rotten as this turned out to be, you have all made me laugh, which I desperately needed.
*smooches and hugs*
Momma
Dear Northern California Salvation Army Management,
I have a GREAT idea for increasing donations this year... :-)
And I have the names of several new volunteer bell-ringers for you.
Momma,
I have good news to brighten your Friday morning. I got into a website I log into each morning for work to see what jobs are out there to bid. Well, guess what? Quinlan is getting a Super Wal Mart!!!! Are you excited?
Also a retail center at Hwy 275 and FM 35.
Woo-hoo! You are getting big town. LOL!
Dear Sonya,
WalMart is the devil!
Love,
Nutz
Dear Nutz,
Momma and I like the "Devil" evidentally. I know we pay the "Devil's" electric bill.
*giggles*
Love,
Sonya
I'm missing me some momma today. I think she is hiding so everyone will think she went to Glowie's when she didn't. OR someone stole her bucket and hit her over the head with the bell and she is unconscious.
Post a Comment