Sunday, February 19

Happy Birthday to my baby

I can no longer hug, kiss, or say I love you in public. I can no longer act like a concerned parent unless he says it's okay. I can't say he's cute, only that he's cool. I can't pick out his shoes, because I no longer know what shoes are in style. I can still pick out clothes, but not all the time. I no longer tell him how to wear his hair, because really, it's not worth the fight.

My baby is growing up. He says things like Yes, Ma'am and No Sir without being told. He has been on the All A Honor Roll since kindergarten. He thinks for himself, enjoys a challenge and has an extremely wonderful sense of who he is at this age. He knows what he likes, he isn't afraid to speak his mind, and most of all, he actually knows about respect and the truth. And, most importantly (to him anyway), girls aren't quite so icky and gross anymore.

My baby, named for himself and my baby brother, is eight years old today!


One of my favorite pictures of Rotten1 - at two years old.

And one from earlier this month

20 comments:

Monstah said...

Happy birthday! Handsome little cowboy!

~Nutz said...

Aww! That was lovely, momma. *wipes tear* Just wait until he's 12, 13 & 14!

Happy birfday, Rotten1

arkie said...

Happy birthday, Rotten1!

Bravie said...

Post and run.

Happy Birthday to Rotten1. You have one great Momma and you're one handsome little dude.

Puffy said...

How cute and how handsome! I hope he has a wonderful birthday. *virtual smooch to the little cowboy when no friends are around*

Coco said...

Happy birthday! He is really cute.


(in passing, good grief, I've missed a bunch of posts here. Productive, you are)

momma said...

Rotten1 says thank you to all of Momma's friends. He had a most wonderful birthday - the best ever. Again. *grin*

We've baked cupcakes, we've had pizza, we've gone bowling with his best friend and now we are all worn out.

mm said...

Dang! Pizza, cupcakes and bowling?

*packs bags for momma's house*

Give him a birthday *smooch* for me!

Bravie said...

Mmmmmmm, cupcakes.

Sonya said...

Happy birthday to your little boy! I can't believe he isn't so little anymore.

Lasann said...

Oh momma, he's cute. My boys let me hug them in public until High School but I haven't be able to pick out their clothes for ever!

I want some cupcakes.

momma said...

*passes out leftover chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and sprinkles*

Seana said...

Happy Birthday Rotten 1!

(one day late - sorry!)

He certainly is a handsome young gentleman.

Zombs said...

Sorry I am late! What a handsome young man.

Don't go growing too quickly and remember to give your momma a hug everyday even if it is not in public.

You have a wonderful boy there Momma! Happy Birthday to him and to you(after all who did the work?)

Immunegirl said...

Happy Birthday Rotten!!!!! It sounds like you have done a wonderful job Momma!! *smooch*

lights said...

Happy Belated Birthday R1! I just can't bring myself to call anyone that cute Rotten. *grin*

*takes a cupcake* Mmmmm!

Buggy said...

Happy Birthday!

What a proud Momma you are, and rightfully so. He sounds like a wonderful young man, and so handsome.

Your post for him made me teary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rotten1!!

What a sweet little guy. It's hard to believe that they can grow up so fast. *sniffles*

Schnookie said...

He really is a handsome boy. Happy belated birthday Rotten1!

yvonne said...

Happy Happy Birthday to cutie pie, oops, I mean cool dude Rotten1.