Friday, February 17

*happy dance*

It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday!

So what are your weekend plans? It's supposed to be verrrrrrrrry cold with freezing rain and sleet and temps no higher than 35 for the weekend. Poor Rotten1. What crummy weather for his birthday weekend. Of course, that's only my opinion. He's quite excited about the prospect of "snow" on his birthday. Tonight, I'll stop by the firewood place and grab a few bundles and head to the house, where I will stay warm and toasty all weekend. Which reminds me, what do you do about that fireplace smell that seems to linger in the house for a day or so after you clean out the ashes from the fireplace?

17 comments:

Schnookie said...

I'm so glad it's Friday and it's a 3-day weekend for me WOOHOO! However, it will be cold and rainy all weekend, which is probably a good thing because guess what I need to do this weekend? Yep, wash all the carpets AGAIN *DAMN CAT PISS*! My FIL and his wife are visiting us next week so I need to clean house for that.

Hmmmmmmmmmm don't know how to get rid of the fireplace smell. Light some candles? I actually like the smell.

Bravie said...

We have Michelle's Mom's 60th birthday party tomorrow night. A big huge party with family and friends. I think on Sunday we are giving two of the cats a bath and shaving the third one. Monday we are going to go and hang out on the Castro since we have the day off.

Have you tried Febreeze, or scented candles, or putting out mass amounts of vinegar?

Zombs said...

Raining here too. Turning cold later. Going to a wake tonight for DH's aunt. Tomorrow he is going to funeral. Hopefully I will be able to get my work done tonight after we get back and be able to finish it up by tomorrow afternoon. I hate having my work hang over me on the weekends. \

DH has off on Monday! Yay!

RIght now I just mixed plaster of paris and poured into molds to make magnets later for the kids to paint. They are using watercolors now.

kim (weltek) said...

I kind of like that fireplace smell, but then again, I don't live with it daily, just on weekends up north.

Rotten1 can still eat cake in bad weather, right? See, no problem. And if he really wants snow, give him a plane ticket to WI. :-)

Glowie said...

mmmm...fireplace smell. Those Scent Story things work wonderfully. I love mine.

I am soooo glad it's Friday. I'm very tired and I want pizza and snickerdoodles for dinner.

Glowie said...

onion, mushrooms and green peppers.

Bravie said...

I want bacon, olives and green peppers on my pizza, please.

Glowie said...

No bacon, Sunshine Sexy Voice. *politely vomits*

Sonya said...

Max is working Sat and I'm just doing the normal housework. Sunday will be just relaxing.

Bravie said...

But I love it with bacon, Glowie Sexiest Voice Evah. *pout* But for you, i will go without.

Schnookie said...

I love bacon on my pizza. At least I used to *pout*

What the heck is a snickerdoodle???

Zombs said...

Nookie the snickers doodle instead of dangling

Breezy said...

Weekend? What's that? I will be working. *sigh*

mmmmm fireplace smell, I wish I had a fireplace.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Sleeeeeeep

Swami said...

If you got a whole bunch of ashes wet the smell will linger until some other, better smell overpowers it. Bake cookies. Next time scoop, then mini-vac, then wipe with a barely damp paper towel & immediately stick the towel into a plastic bag.

~Nutz said...

I have solved the wood smell problem by having a gas fireplace. *grin*

Of course, I'd much rather have a wood burning one.

Have a happy weekend!

lights said...

I just get used to the smell seeing as our primary heat source is wood. If you figure out a way to get rid of it, let me know.

Weekend plans? Shovelling, watching the Daytona 500 and cooking a turkey on Sunday. Next week I'll be looking for creative ways to disguise the 17 lbs of leftover turkey.

Enjoy your weekend Momma! I've missed you!