Friday, February 10

Thank Goodness

I haven't been this happy to see a Friday in quite a while. It's been an unbelievably stressful week at work, the kids have been heathens, one of my employees is out with strep throat, and I am in desperate need of a break. The kids are at their dad's this weekend. Work will be over in 8 1/2 hours. DH will be home all weekend, so maybe, just maybe I can relax tonight while he's at work and be ready to go again tomorrow.

Edited to add this bit stolen from Arkie:

Your Candy Heart Says "Get Real"
You're a bit of a cynic when it comes to love.You don't lose your head, and hardly anyone penetrates your heart.
Your ideal Valentine's Day date: is all about the person you're seeing (with no mentions of v-day!)
Your flirting style: honest and even slightly sarcastic
What turns you off: romantic expectations and "greeting card" holidays
Why you're hot: you don't just play hard to get - you are hard to get

15 comments:

Bravie said...

*smooch* I hope you get that much needed rest. Stressful weeks suck ass.

Seana said...

Poor Momma!

Don't forget to go get yourself a treat before you head home. Then you can sit in the quiet and enjoy it.

*smooch*

momma said...

Oooooh! That's a great idea Seana. Now, what do I get? Hmmm...

Did I mention that another of my employees has been "stolen" by another department temporarily? Argh! And we have visitors in my department today. But! One of my good friends came and helped us clean up the department because he's a nice guy and he's the one who "stole" my employee.

Breezy said...

We interrupt this blog for an important message...

Stan has arrived, I repeat... Stan has arrived.

*giggle*

momma said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!

Sonya said...

I'm so ready for this weekend too.

Sonya said...

Momma, this is what my heart says? Do you believe it about me? LOL!


You're a true romantic who brings an innocent hope to each new relationship.
You see the good in every person you date, and you relish each step of falling in love.

Your ideal Valentine's Day date: a romantic dinner your sweetie cooks for you

Your flirting style: friendly and sweet

What turns you off: cynics who don't believe in romance

Why you're hot: you always keep the romance alive

arkie said...

*smooch*
Hope you have a good weekend.

kim (weltek) said...

I'm a Get Real, too, mommma!

Take a bubble bath tonight with some foofy stuff. Watch some trashy tv & eat some ice cream.

mtw said...

Hi Mooma. Here's something for you: *lucky smooches*. They will bring you a good weekend! Let me know on Monday if it worked (I know it will).

My test results? I took it twice, since I was conflicted about how to answer a couple questions. The first time, I got the same as you, the second time I got the same as Sonya (see above). FTR, First Kiss describes me better. Only these comments from Get Real apply:

Your ideal Valentine's Day date: is all about the person you're seeing (with no mentions of v-day!)

What turns you off: "greeting card" holidays

lights said...

*smooches Momma*

I'm with you 100% on the weekend thing. Between the Russians, the moles, Mean Jean and the "afraid of the phone" new girl, I'm soooo ready for the weekend!

Hope you have a very relaxing weekend Momma! Monday will be here soon enough.

yvonne said...

Come to my house and we'll have lots of "we're snowed in snacks". I even made a cheesecake (it's Bravie's recipe)!

*smooch*

Yay for Friday!

Bravie said...

How did it turn out, Augie?!?!?!?!?

Swami said...

I hope you had a relaxing day today, Momma.

I took the Valentine test twice, changed answers and still came up as a "Cutie Pie."

Description was not me, and my DH will not like that I got this sentence both times

"Your ideal Valentine's Day date: multiple dates with multiple people."

I guess I need to set a few more places at the table for our anniversary dinner!

Coco said...

This is terrible.. I hope you can get some rest and some good snacks and take a much-deserved break.