Tuesday, October 2

I've lost my mind....

I started a process this morning, one I've mulled over several times in recent years only to decide the timing wasn't right. I'm out of excuses. And the time is right. I've sent three emails to two different places and done much, much reading online. I'm going to do it.

I'm going to enroll in college (probably only 1 class, for now) for the Spring semester - IF I can get the financial aid/work reimbursement in place. I have a month. I can do this, right? Scratch that. I CAN do this.

Now I just need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. My original degree track was for Elementary Education. Now, I'm torn between Criminal Justice and Elementary Education.

8 comments:

mtw said...

Good for you, Momma! You can do it!

kim (weltek) said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! This is huge! Congrats! I know what you mean about getting the funding in place first. That's my concern about moving on. I found which program I want to take, now I just need to see if I can get work to pay for it.

*hugs* You deserve this.

kim (weltek) said...

And Chris has a criminal justice degree. You can always bend his ear for questions/advice.

Breezy said...

Yay!!!! So proud of you. *smooch*

*head tilt* Spring semester starts in a month? Texas is weird.

momma said...

No silly, but any federal financial aid stuff is supposed to be in by Nov 1.

Bravie said...

Good job, Momma. That makes me so happy for you. Very proud. *smooch*

kim (weltek) said...

Chris reminded me that he was an education major before switching to criminal justice. Weird.

Anonymous said...

First, Yay for You!!!!!

Now, a couple of questions. When you say work reimbursement, will that cover either or both of these fields?

If I could go back and do it all over again, I probably would choose the education route, but only because of the schedule. I know that the pay is not the greatest, but I think it would have been a good fit.

What would you do with each? The education route is probably the easeist to answer.

But what about the criminal justice? Where would that lead, and where do you want it to lead?

I'm very proud of you, Momma. It's not too late.