Monday, October 15

What is WRONG with me???

DH and I went to the flea market this weekend...haven't been to this particular one in ages. And I love, love, LOVE flea markets. Saw some really neat stuff, saw lots of Chinese made and cheaply sold stuff, saw some absolute garbage...the usual flea market fare.

DH bought a remote controlled helicopter ($35), a wallet ($5), and a watch ($5).
I bought......not a flipping thing. Not even the $5 black sequiny flip flops I liked.

*shakes head*

Then we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse, one of my favorite restaraunts. Yum! Should have stopped off to see the neices, but I wasn't feeling real social. Came home and vegged. Should have started on Rotten2's Halloween costume, but didn't. Should have gotten off my ass and worked on my college admissions shit, but didn't. Should have called a man about a dog, but didn't. I did, however, get the house cleaned. *sigh* Not the productive weekend it should have been. Not by a long shot.

9 comments:

Breezy said...

We have a Texas Roadhouse opening here this weekend.

I need costume ideas, apparently I am suppose to dress up this year.

momma said...

Rotten2 is going to be a cheerleader. Real original, huh? I think I'm going to make her an "authentic" outfit, instead of buying a cheapy that won't make it thru the night.

No clue what Rotten1 is going to be. He did point out a couple of gruesome bloody masks at the store though.

Breezy said...

DD wants to be a dead hippie. *rolls eyes*

mtw said...

What do you like about Texas Roadhouse? I was thinking about going there next weekend. Do they have the peanuts that you throw the shells on the floor like Logan's Roadhouse?

A co-worker said that Logan's had better food but Texas Roadhouse had hotter waitresses. I thought the food at Logan's sucked, so might as well go for hot waitresses!

One year I was a hippie ghost for Halloween (FYI). When I was about 5, my mom made me a really cool Batman costume. I think I have a picture of it somewhere.

momma said...

I love their food - my standard meal is Portabello Mushroom Grilled Chicken, Fresh Veggies (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots) and a salad or baked potato. Yum!!! DH usually gets the Chicken Fried Sirloin. It's HUGE!!! And they have awesome margaritas. My new fave is a Jamacain something or other...Malibu, various fruit juices and such. yum!!!

They have the peanuts, but give you a small galvanized bucket to put the shells in. Or you can throw them on the floor. Whatever makes you happy.

The atmosphere is .... comfy. I can't explain it. Very country, very bar-like, very ... much like what I grew up with. *grin* And the waitresses are hot!

mtw said...

Damn, that sounds good! Chicken fried sirloin? I want THAT! And one of those margaritas. Sounds like e may have to go there for dinner this weekend.

Schnookie said...

*whacks momma*

I love flea markets. Haven't been to one in many years.

MM said...

We have a Texas Roadhouse but I've never been. I think the kids and DH love it though, even more than Logans. I'm just not that into meat.

The costume ideas sound cute! And what a supermom! Making it instead of buying!?

Bravie said...

Weird, I posted here yesterday. Or so I thought.
I guess I am a cowgirl this year. I'm not big into dressing up. :(