Rotten1 has done fairly well with his behavior this year. If you don't remember, we had quite the mess with him last winter/spring with his mouth saying inappropriate things. So this year, dealing with yapping during class has been frustrating, but...dealable, if you know what I mean.
Friday he got his report card - straight a's. Great! Yay! Except he has unsatisfactory in conduct in his reading and english classes. *sigh* Note from the teacher said he'd do even better work if he kept his trap shut. Okay, not exactly what she said, but you get the idea. Fine. So we have quite the discussion about remaining quiet during work times.
Monday he tells me he got in trouble on the bus. Oh Boy. This is twice. The first time was just a written warning. Grrrrr. So last night, Thursday, he brings home the write up form from the bus driver. He's been suspended from riding the bus for two days. I'm going to kill the little shit. I don't speak to him for like 2 hours, he knows I'm beyond pissed.
Dinner time...he's sitting there jacking with his sister and chewing with his mouth wide open throughout the first 5 minutes. I lost it. I went off on the boy. He went to bed at 8, but not before being grounded for two weeks - one week for each day he's suspended. He has to pay DH a dollar for each trip to or from school. No phone, no tv, no movies, no PlayStation. Next time he gets in trouble, I start donating toys and movies and such from his room to a child that would appreciate all they are given and act the way they are supposed to. The way the KNOW how to act.
Tonight, he goes to his dad's. His dad is pissed and told him he'd deal with him tonight. Who knows what that means, but I'm just glad he is going to get in trouble there, too.
Next week, he gets extra chores. Raking leaves, scrubbing things with a toothbrush...who knows what DH and I will think of next.
22 comments:
*sits straight up in chair at Momma's table*
Good for you! That should send a message to him and it is very fair and reasonable. It is long enough for him to remember what he did each time he has to "pay up".
Good job, momma. Good job.
P. S. I was going to sit at the table with Zombs. But I figured she would get me in trouble, so I'm just going to have dinner in my room.
Uh, Boo? There will be NO food anywhere in the house other than the kitchen since that little mouse incident the other day. You just sit your happy butt next to Zombs and keep your hands to yourself.
*gives Boo a wet willie*
*gives Boo a wet willie*
No fair! That's two wet willies.
*hides reindeer poop in zombs' peas*
Do I need to seperate you two?
*stern momma look*
I promise to behave in your blog. *scared look*
I'll pass along the good news to Michelle. She'll be so proud of you.
*sits down*
*folds hands*
*waits to speak until spoken to*
Good for you, Momma. He's got to get the message somehow.
I lied to my parents once. They took everything out of my room and put it into the basement. To get a item back I had to either get an A on a paper/quiz/test in school, OR write an original story for my dad. I then got to go down to the basement and pick one thing to bring back to my room.
It worked. Not only was it a fair, non-violent punishment, but I will remember it, and what I did to deserve it, forever.
*pretends to be momma*
Frodis! I didn't tell you to speak!
*runs away giggling*
*stands in corner*
*runs to corner and draws a circle on it for Frodis to keep her nose in AND gives her a wet willy on the way out*
Frodis, get out of the corner! *shakes head*
BOO! Stop harrassing your bloggy friends! *sigh*
*flings peas at Momma*
Dang Momma! That's some serious discipline! But good for you. I've wanted to go off on my DS lately too, but am withholding until he deserves all the wrath I've built up, lol. Wait, can I laugh in here? *nervous*
I gave up on holding in the wrath, mm.
And yes, you can laugh in here. Just don't start acting like the Terrible 3.
I've got a bunch of snow he could shovel.
*checks flights for a 9 yr old boy to MI*
I remember riding the bus, but never getting into trouble. *grins*. A bus driver in our area recently "held captive" a group of jr high age kids - because they wouldn't behave. Since it was against some law to let them off any other place than their specified stop, she couldn't let them out.. waiting for them to behave... sheesh.
Post a Comment