You should be fine if you plant after the ground warms up a little. I don't know if it freezes there, but catch it between the unfreeze and the hot weather. Early spring.
I can give good advice for zones 3 and 4. Down where you are, not so much.
Some bulbs require a period of cold dormancy to bloom - I think daffoldils are one of these? I would guess that any established local nursery selling bulbs right now would have chilled the bulbs properly for you.
9 comments:
It's too early.
Or maybe too late..
Did I mention I managed to kill off one of my poinsettas?
It's definitely too late. You need to plant them before there's three feet of snow in the flower bed. *grin*
I think you are supposed to plant them in September or October, depends on what part of the country you live.
Hey!
A non eaten comment!
Stuuuupid blogger
You should be fine if you plant after the ground warms up a little. I don't know if it freezes there, but catch it between the unfreeze and the hot weather. Early spring.
I know how to grow pot. *grin*
Too late, I think.
Wow, Carey, mr lights and my brother have something in common. *wink*
I can give good advice for zones 3 and 4. Down where you are, not so much.
Some bulbs require a period of cold dormancy to bloom - I think daffoldils are one of these? I would guess that any established local nursery selling bulbs right now would have chilled the bulbs properly for you.
Post a Comment