I was sitting here writing a letter to my Grandma when I realized something so major, such a huge faux pas...I cannot believe I committed this mortal sin. I'm going to hell for sure. I forgot to send my aunt a Thank You card for our Christmas gifts. She knows I'm a flake about stuff like this, but....I feel awful. Is it too late to send a thank you? Should I expect to be cut off for the next five years?
Crap.Crap.Crap.
ETA: I should mention that this is my aunt who is known (and has done it for years) for sending only belated birthday cards or letters she wrote over a month ago and added an update to before sending two months later.
12 comments:
I'm horrible with thank you notes. Totally horrible. And I was raised better than that. *sigh*
I know. I was too.
When my dad was around, you wrote thank yous within hours of opening the gift and they were mailed immediately.
In my case? it's a combination of laziness and entirely too many things going on to stop and think about manners.
Same here. We couldn't play or use whatever new thing it was until we wrote a thank you card for it. I don't know why I got so bad about it as I've gotten older.
My DW is very good at thank you notes. And she's taught our daughters well.
Miss Manners would say it's never too late to send the note.
Better late than never. Right?
Go ahead! Send it!
I think that the most important part is that you do say "thank you" at some point, even if you didn't mail the note as soon as some would prefer. Especially considering the "ETA," I think your aunt should be understanding. Like MTW said, it's never too late to say thank you.
I find the problem with sending them late is that I feel I must make them more elaborate. Ie, start adding pictures and stuff.
I sent no Christmas thank-you cards. I phoned everyone on Christmas and sent a couple emails immediately.
Totally fine to send it now.
My biggest mortal sin: Forgetting a far away relative died that year & still sending her a Christmas card. If THAT doesn't earn me a spot in hell, what will?
Definitely send the thank you note. Especially since she sends things belatedly. Never too late.
I always try to follow up with thank you notes.
Send the note and include pictures of the kids, perhaps with the gifts that she gave to them.
Post a Comment