Tuesday, March 20

Am I being weird?

Background: When we go to the farm, we typically all load up in one vehicle. Up until recently, that has been my vehicle because it was the most spacious. Now, that DH has the big extended cab truck that will haul the kids' go cart and I have the itsy bitsy little car, we load up his truck and go.

Selfish Momma: I want MY vehicle to drive should I choose to go somewhere without everyone (or with only a person or two).

Sane Momma: There are a grand total of 6 vehicles (cars, trucks, Jeeps, and I'm not counting the two four wheelers, Ranger, or farm truck) to drive at any given moment at the farm. I could drive something different constantly, if I wanted to. I wouldn't really even have to ask "permission" to drive one of them.

So why do I want to spend twice as much as necessary in gas this weeked to take my car, that I may or may not even drive while I'm there? Am I that much of a control freak that I have to have my car or I'll feel "trapped"? Even though, rationally, I know that is so far from the truth it's not funny.

10 comments:

mm said...

Hmm, I am right there with you, momma. Can you try to think of an "unselfish" reason it would be better to take your car? That's what I usually try to do when we go places. I try to make it sound like it's better for *everyone else* if I have my own car.

Don't feel bad, it's totally understandable.

momma said...

No, there's no unselfish reason. The only one would be if I wanted to go somewhere and there would be no way to get there. With the other umpty bazillion driveable vehicles, there's no reason in the world to take mine.

Breezy said...

Duh, yes. You're weird.

*grin*


*smooch* When you get to the farm claim which vehicle you want and then threaten anyone that even looks at it. *grin*

Zombs said...

I'm confused. Is the farm a vacation? Or are you planting corn?

Bravie said...

Yes. You are weird.

momma said...

LOL Zombs...the farm is DH's dad's place. Eventually to become our place. We don't grow corn, we raise cattle. Lots and lots of cattle. So, I suppose, it really should be called the ranch, but...*shrug*

momma said...

*kicks Carey*

Puffy said...

Raise a stink about a bigger issue. I'm sure that one will come along. *smooch*

Bravie said...

*cabbage poots on Momma*

Swami said...

This weekend DD and I went to the farm in my car, DS and Tom went in his car. We arrived about an hour apart because the boys always stop for pizza then stop for ice cream and drive on all the stupid back roads. I like to drive the shortest route, point A to point B, and make no stops. Plus then when i get there I have my own car in case I need to escape from my looney-tune in-laws.