Tuesday, March 6

Happy Oreo Day!

On this day in 1912, the first Oreo cookies were sold.

If you took all the Oreos sold in the last 95 years and stacked them on top of each other, you'd be able to make 12 trips to the moon and back.

Oreos and milk for all of blogland today!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just one. I will only have one.

Did you know that they make chocolate creme oreos? They come in Conner's lunchables, but I can't find them in a regular package.

Maybe that's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm going to send you an email.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, not an email, but a PM.

I'm not sending emails about my trip until I book it. Don't ask.

Bravie said...

Heh. That's the only way that I can eat an Oreo. By dipping it in milk. Otherwise I can't eat them. *makes face*

Lasann said...

At first I saw 1812 and giggled that they could have been munching oreos during the War of 1812.

momma said...

Gah! Boo! I haven't logged in over there in months. I don't even know if I remember my password.

Glowie said...

no no no no no no

kim (weltek) said...

Hey, are you trying to take business away from my blog? :-)

I love Oreos. I ate them far too much as a kid. I'd eat like 10 with a glass of milk after school. Nobody ever told me not to eat that many.

Now, I fear buying a package. So, if somebody else has them, I'll eat a few. Or, I'll bring them camping so everyone helps devour the package.

I like the reduced fat ones well enough, but the pb filled ones and coffee cream ones are my faves. The vanilla ones are good too (with the chocolate center). Thumbs up on the chocolate cream ones. Mint ones? Ew.

Schnookie said...

I'm not a fan of oreo cookies but I wouldn't pass one up if offered LOL.

Swami said...

Two words: Double. Stuff.

Puffy said...

Who must break apart their oreos into two sections? Do you lick the icing off of one section, too? How about oreo cookies and cream ice cream? Hip Hip Hooray! Right onto the hips. Sigh.

kim (weltek) said...

I never peel mine apart anymore. I'd rather have filling in every bite. I think as a kid it was more about the challenge of getting them apart, with filling intact on one side only. Now that I know I can do it, the thrill is gone. LOL!

Breezy said...

Who wants GS cookies!?!?!?!?

kim (weltek) said...

If you'll hand deliver them, I want some. :-)

Bravie said...

pfffft, ass. You know I love GS cookies and you didn't even order me one box. hrmph.
Oh, this message was for breezy.

yvonne said...

I love Oreos dunked in milk. Lordy, I could eat an entire package that way.

Hi Momma!!!!!