Jeff Foxworthy's new show on Fox is absolutely hilarious. DH called from work halfway through the show to tell me to turn it on. You have to know the answer, there is no multiple choice. However, you are given two cheats - to peek at the student's paper or to copy a student's answer. Some of the questions included:
*What is the longest bone in the body?
*What element on the periodic table is Na?
*What is the largest species of bear?
*How many states border the Pacific Ocean?
Without googling, do you know the answers?
22 comments:
I certainly know one. I might know two. I could probably figure out 3 or 4 if I had time to think about them.
The bear one is throwing me. I think it might be a Panda.
I guess I should answer.
1. femur
2. sodium
3. Panda
4. I think it's 4.
1. Femur
2. Sodium
3. I was orginally going to say Grizzly but I *think* it's the Polar Bear.
4. 3, California, Oregon, Washington.
Tkit is in the lead....but still not smarter than a 5th grader!
femur
sodium
polar bear
5 states - Alaska, WA, OR, CA, HA
And no I didn't Google. What the heck is the abbreviation for Alaska? Isn't AL Alabama?
Yay Swami!
Alaska...eep.
AL is Alabama
AK is um...
AR is Arkansas
AK is Alaska
Holy hell. I completely forgot about the red-headed stepchild states!! Dernit!
I saw a few minutes of that show and I can't believe what they say a FIRST grader should know!
I'm guessing, too!
*What is the longest bone in the body?
Femur
*What element on the periodic table is Na?
Sodium
*What is the largest species of bear?
Polar
*How many states border the Pacific Ocean?
3
Duh, I feel stupid. The state one required far more critical thinking than I put into it. I blame the airline industry for making me forget about Alaska and Hawaii.
Puffy, you should see the homework and projects that the Rottens have to do. That stuff is HARD!
I will guess the California Brown Bear as the largest bear.
Am I right?
What's the answer to the bear question?
Do you have an answer for me yet?
*waits*
Puffy, when my kids were in elementary school there was a whole series of book called What Your _____-Grader Should Know. It was a really great series. Basic Science, Math, Vocabulary, History, Civics Literature, Social Studies, etc. I bought the ones from 1st thru 6th grade, and I learned a lot lol. Mostly I learned American History & Civics because I knew more about Canada & England than I did the US.
They were great books. If you were to homeschool your kid all you really need to do is be sure they know the content of those books (year by year) and then take them to museums & stuff.
No Carey, it is not the California Bear. It's the Polar Bear.
Femur
Tungsten
Grizzly
4
K, I was kidding about Tungsten.
I just always liked it.
Oh, bloody hell.
I forgot Alaska..
Oh well, it should be Candian anyhows
I got them all right when we were watching EXCEPT the state question. It made me not want to watch the show anymore.
Glowie <-- not smarter than a 5th grader
Post a Comment