Friday, May 25

Summer Movies

Which are on your Must-See list for the theaters? Which could you care less about?

I took the kids to see Shrek the Third for Rotten2's birthday, but they were sold out. So we ended up seeing Spiderman 3. Meh. I'm not a big Spiderman fan, but the kids really liked the movie. We're going next weekend, I think, to see Shrek the Third. I'll probably end up taking the Rottens to see Surf's Up, too.

Ratatouille looks good for the kids, as does Georgia Rule and Delta Farce (which DH and I may go see this weekend) for me. I will not go see Bug. That just .... *shudders* I won't see the new Pirates movie, as I've not seen the other 2. Pretty much the same with the new Ocean's movie. The Simpsons movie...hmm...I remember the original seasons of the show and loved them. If the movie is like that, great. If it's like recent seasons, meh. Nancy Drew seems intriguing, but I haven't heard much about it. I remember reading a zillion books though.

If you have not a clue what I'm talking about, check out the Summer Movie Guide.

5 comments:

arkie said...

The Pirates movie is on my list of movies to see. Ratatouille looks like a fun movie. (I know, I'm an adult, I probably should be so excited about feature-length cartoons, but I am. *sheepish grin*). I also want to see the penguin animated movie that opens in June (can't remember the title of it right now).

I usually don't go for this type of movie, but Mr. Brooks (is that right?) looks very interesting to me.

Kimmah said...

whatever kid-friendly flick plays at the drive in on a night when i need to take the kids out of the house. i'm not really picky.

Monstah said...

Rent Arrested Development! I know you will love it!

Schnookie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Shrek 3 but I'll wait for it on dvd.

I'd like to see the Pirates movie. Perhaps DH will take me.

The only movies I'll go watch at the theater are big special effects movies.

Puffy said...

We saw Shrek 3 last night and really enjoyed it! Much better than the reviews said it was. The theater was 1/2 empty. But there were long lines for the 5 theaters showing Pirates. I'd like to see Ratatouille, Surf's Up (that's the penquin move, Arkie), and Ocean's 13.