The bad: The cat electrocuted herself.
The good: We now have Princess Belle.
The better: She's so freaking loveable!
The bad: My truck's transmission exploded.
The good: I now am the happy owner of a brand new car.
The better: Gas mileage is awesome!
The bad: The air conditioner in the house caught fire and tried to burn down the house.
The good: DH was home while I was at work, so the house did not catch fire, just the A/C. And the smoke was able to be cleared out of the house in three and a half hours.
The better: We only went for 38 hours without A/C and a "cold front" came in dropping the highs from 106 to 102.
The bad: The septic system aerator pump went out.
The good: It can be fixed.
The better: Well...I'll let you know on that one.
I thought bad shit was only supposed to happen in threes. In the last two weeks I've had four. Five, if you count truck transmission actually crapping out twice. *sigh* I'm trying really hard to find the bright side to all of this shit before I go absolutely fucking loco and am committed to a mental hospital due to a nervous breakdown. Did I mention I'm absolutely effin' broke right now?
15 comments:
You did see the bright side, sweetie.
You have a new adorable cat, a new car with great gas mileage and your house didn't burn down. :)
*hugs*
Yeah! What Carey said!
I think bad things come in waves.
{{{hugs}}}
Plus the kids are going back to school right? It will get cooler soon!
My mother once told me that if money is your biggest problem then you are doing alright.
*hugs*
If it helps, I'm making you my guinea pig and will be including something for you with the books. *smooch*
Bad: This might be your second round of threes.
Good: We all love you.
Better: Breezy is sending you a prezzie.
Ack. That is a big load on your shoulders. You handle it so well though Momma. *HUGS*
Ack, I can imagine you are broke! I'm glad DH was home when the A/C caught fire.
*hugs*
Lots of good things mixed in there momma, so good for you for trying to see the bright side.
{{hugs}}
You earate your septic systems in Texas!?! I never heard of sich things. We just let ours lay there and rot, lol. We don't coodle it or aerate it or anything.
And by "coodle" I mean 'coddle'.
What a month! Poor you!
*smooch*
And we now have the next installment of bad, good, better...
The Rottens were playing in the living room floor with the dog. Rotten2 got up to tell me something. She went back over to her brother and the dog and "jumped/stepped" on her brother's foot. Immediate pain, tears and a reaction from Rotten1 like I've never seen before. It's been 3 hours, numerous bags of ice, a trip to the EMS station (DH is at work tonight) which is 3 minutes from the hospital, and a heavy dose of Children's Advil later....
Bad - Rotten1 has a swollen foot.
Good - It's not broken.
Better - I didn't have to fork over the $250 deductible at the ER tonight for Xrays of a bruised foot.
I like your attitude of "bad, good, better." I'm going to try it myself.
http://www.txowa.org/
I would call TxOWA for a recommendation for a contrator for your septic stuff. Personally, I'd trust them better than just any old guy from the yellow pages. You can always bitch at the Association if they screw up.
Sorry about your other troubles, particuarly your kitty. Oddly, about a month ago, a friend's outdoor cat got in a fight and had his tail hurt. Then, about 3 weeks ago, he ran away. Her DH was saying how maybe the cat had run away to die. Just like people thought your cat may have done. The friend just got a new kitten, too.
*big hugs* for Momma.
Post a Comment