Sunday, August 13

Yay me!

Anyone else stuck watching The Suite Life of Zach and Cody all.the.time? Anyway.

I went out yesterday AM and ran a bunch of errands in my truck, keeping a close eye on everything. I didn't even blast the radio like normal, so I could hear any strange noises or whatever. It's a bit sluggish, but....for the moment, my truck is working semi-properly! Yay! DH is going to check out the transmission and fluid again today and we'll go from there.

So on my errand list yesterday was a stop at Kohl's for their early bird sale. I found Rotten1 a pair of Nikes for school for $21 in a size three. I found Rotten2 a pair of Skechers loafer style shoes with the chunky heel for her skirts and dresses for $14.99 in a size one. Holy shit! When did my kids get that big?! Then it was on to TJMaxx, Ross, and Walmart - where I finally found Rotten2 a pair of tennis shoes on clearance for $9! In case you're wondering, that's $80 worth of shoes for $44. Yay me! Now we'll just have to see if the Rottens like their new school shoes.

In other news, we're thinking about a kitten. The house just doesn't feel right without a cat to torment the dog *grin* I also woke up with a fever blister this AM. Stupid stress.

12 comments:

arkie said...

The Suite Life of Zach and Cody? Thankfully, no.

Great job on the shopping!

Seana said...

Glad your truck is doing OK. That's just the last thing anyone ever needs, is for the transportation to go kablooie, because you can't not fix it. You need it to get to work to earn the money you need to live.

Good job with the shopping.

I refuse to go shopping until the very last minute because my kids grow too fast. We measured DD a while ago and discovered that she grew 3 inches (3 INCHES!!) from the start of the school year. No wonder I keep having to buy her new clothes.

Bravie said...

Don't ya love when you can find shoes so cheap? For me it's like Santa visiting. *smooch*

momma said...

Seana, you measured your DD in inches?!? Shouldn't you be using centimetres or something?

Seana said...

LOL Momma...I'm from the screwy generation that does length in inches, feet and kilometres, weight in pounds for people and grams at the deli and temperature in Celcius for weather, but Fahrenheit for cooking.

It's all very confusing.

The delete was me. Sorry.

Breezy said...

What did you buy me?

kim (weltek) said...

Heh, when my niece & nephew come over we have to watch that show. Zach & Cody are really annoying kids.

I hate vehicle problems. That's one reason I didn't complain when we got two brand new vehicles last year. No headaches! My checking account isn't so happy, though.

Excellent deal on the shoes! I am sending Chris out to stock up on jeans.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Yeah truck. But I need to know, do you know your kitty is no more or is she just missing?

momma said...

Kitty is still missing. If she comes back, we'll just have big sister and little sister. If not, well...we'll have a little sister.

Immunegirl said...

I vote for a kitten. I wish I had one. :(

mm said...

Great job shopping! My DD is now wearing the same size shoe as me. I'm hoping it means she'll be taller than me, too (she's 11, as of Aug. 10th *waves to Augie*).

I'll keep my fingers crossed about the truck, and also about finding the perfect new kitty for the family.

*smooch*

Surveysez said...

Hope the truck continues to hold out. And we get to offer suggestions for the cat's name, right?