If you think she is becoming dehydrated your vet can give her a saline injection. Not an IV, just a one shot thing under the skin at the nape of her neck. Depending how big she is, a vet can insert 50 cc or more of saline into her body that way.
Some will leak out but most will be absorbed quickly. No hospitalization required; no IVs - a one-time, quick injection. It will help her if she is having a dehydration crash and should not be too expensive or traumatic for her, since you don't have to leave her and can even hold her while she gets the saline.
Cat's skin isn't tightly attached like ours, so they can stick a surprising amount of fluid under her skin and her body will just absorb it. I think this would be a very non-stressful proceedure.
11 comments:
Aww, that's lovely, Momma! I can't get the pic to enlarge for me to see it closer, but I love the colors.
Very cool. I couldn't get the pic to enlarge either. *pout*
It's cowgirls on horses, of course :)
Okay...try clicking it now. I enlarged the picture so maybe...
I love it!
*smooch* for the poor kitty
Still won't enlarge, but I can see the cowgirls now. It's so cute!
Purty, darlin'! /end cowgirl lingo
How is kitty?
That's a picture of you on the purse, right? I love it! Are you finished making pajamas? I think you could market those purses!
Why is kitty living in the bathroom?
If you think she is becoming dehydrated your vet can give her a saline injection. Not an IV, just a one shot thing under the skin at the nape of her neck. Depending how big she is, a vet can insert 50 cc or more of saline into her body that way.
Some will leak out but most will be absorbed quickly. No hospitalization required; no IVs - a one-time, quick injection. It will help her if she is having a dehydration crash and should not be too expensive or traumatic for her, since you don't have to leave her and can even hold her while she gets the saline.
Cat's skin isn't tightly attached like ours, so they can stick a surprising amount of fluid under her skin and her body will just absorb it. I think this would be a very non-stressful proceedure.
That is very cute, momma.
And *smooches* for kitty.
I'm glad kitty is hanging in there.
Post a Comment