Tuesday, August 8

*pout*

Gizmo not only escaped from the bathroom last night under the door, but made a beeline for the front door as I was leaving this morning. :( She's no where to be found. She doesn't go outside! She's only escaped twice before and then got so scared by the great wilderness that she returned to the porch within 2 minutes.

DH and the kids have been searching the neighborhood off and on all day. I spent 20 minutes this morning calling her and looking for her.

*sigh*

*wipes tear*

And Swami, she was living in our bathroom because we didn't want any infection to spread to the dog or kids from the wound sight.

ETA: One of my most favoritest pictures of Rotten1 and Gizmo in June of 2004, when we got her.

23 comments:

Schnookie said...

*HUGS* I do hope that Gizmo comes back home real soon Momma.

Breezy said...

Put out some kitty treats on the porch. she'll come home. *hug*

mm said...

The fact that she has hung on this long is encouraging, I think. Hang in there, and I'll send some positive thoughts your way.

{{hugs}}

Bravie said...

*sigh* I hope she returns and we have a happy ending, Momma. *wipes tear*
*big hugs to you*

~Nutz said...

Oh no! Poor kitty. :(
Poor Momma. :(
Poor Rottens. :(
Poor Mr. Momma

I hope she comes back soon.

{{{hugs}}}

momma said...

I shook the treats, the kids have searched. *sigh* DH thinks she took off to die. Apparently, this is some type of natural reaction in animals. At least, according to him.

Still no sign of her. The kids are checking regularly...

Bravie said...

Well, since DH brought it up...I didn't want to earlier. But sadly, this is something that they naturally do. Truthfully? I wouldn't have the kids wander out too far looking for her. Just in case.
But I'm still holding out hope that maybe she was just mad about being in the bathroom and just wanted a little bit of freedom and will come home when she gets hungry.
*smooch*

momma said...

I doubt hunger will bring her home. Hell, she hasn't eaten since about Thursday. Drinks have been minimal, at best.

The kids haven't ventured too far out in our yard without either DH or me, so we're okay there.

Bravie said...

*smooch*
Adorable picture.

momma said...

Holy shit. Rotten2 is entirely too smart. As I was tucking her into bed, she informs me that Gizmo ran away to die. How does she know this? Because. Then she bursts into tears and tells me she misses her kitty. And if her kitty doesn't come home and is in Animal Heaven, can she have another kitty? But she really wants Gizmo to come home. /Rotten2's sobs

Okay, I promise...I'll stop talking about this and depressing all of blogland.

*smooch*

mm said...

Hey, life can be depressing, and this is your blog, so feel free to continue sharing it with us. We're coming *here* remember? We don't have to if it's too depressing for us.

Rotten2 is a smartie, but hopefully wrong this time. :(

Bravie said...

Don't stop talking to us, Momma.
We may feel the need to depress you one day and we don't want to feel guilty about it. *grin*

Swami said...

I don't think they take off just to die. When they are seriously hurt they look for a place to hide where they are safe from predators and can be undisturbed while they heal. If Gizmo is mortally wounded she may die, but if she recovers she'll be back.

*hugs* for the Rottens. I hate when stuff like this happens!

kim (weltek) said...

Ohmygosh, what a cute picture! And I love the name Gizmo (Gremlins was one of my FAVORITE movies as a kid).

*sniff* I hope she comes back. Swami is right. She just may want to hide & the bathroom was too "busy" for her. It just worries me that she hasn't been drinking.

Your daughter is so sweet & perceptive. She'll be fine with whatever happens.

Aislinn Sirk said...

What a stupidly cute little kitten she was.

I hope she comes home.

Breezy said...

*big hugs to Momma and the Rottens*

momma said...

Weltek nailed her name on the head - she was named after the Gremlins. Those huge eyes and ears and teensy little face were what did it. She never did totally grow into her eyes and ears.

Schnookie said...

*sniffle*

I'm still thinking about you all.

*HUGS*

Such a cute picture.

thndrkttn said...

I am so sorry Momma. From what I read on-line, when they are injured or sick they go someplace to hide from predators until they feel better.

Hugs and I hope you find her soon.

Seana said...

Oh, Momma.

*good thoughts* for Gizmo to come home safe and sound.

Zombs said...

Awww...how sad. Any news yet?

She is one cute kitty.

kim (weltek) said...

No Gizmo yet? *sniff*

Puffy said...

*hugs, simply hugs* Adorable kitty. You had some good times with her.