Saturday, August 12

%^*&*(#(**&#$@

So I'm on my way back to work yesterday after my doctor's appointment to discuss surgery to remove the friends living in my boobs...driving 65-70 on the highway...when my truck's RPMs surge momentarily, I sense a transmission shift and this little light on my dash starts flashing at me out of nowhere telling me that my overdrive is off. WTF?!?! So I push the little button to turn overdrive back on. Nope. Nothing. I push it again. And again. And again. Still nothing. Still a little blinky light taunting me saying "Here I am". So I pull of at the next exit and cruise into a gas station parking lot. I turn the truck off. I get out. I get in. I turn the truck on. The little light is still blinking and taunting. I'm waiting for the little fucker to start calling me names. Called DH, who, thankfully was home yesterday. He, in not so many words, said to get the truck home the shortest route possible. NOW! Crap. That can't be good.

So I get the truck home. It seems that my transmission has decided to up and die. Just.like.that.

Six hours, some nasty little burns on DH's arms, and $80 later we've decided that the truck will live. The light is gone, overdrive is back. We just don't know how long it will last. I could lose it again today. Or the truck may go for another 150K miles. *sigh*

Got any suggestions for cars?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One without payments?

Sorry momma.

Bravie said...

I've been rather interested in the the Ford Sportrak. I think that's what it's called. A pickup truck with the extra cab space. It's a cute little thing. If it weren't for the price of gas, I might turn in my gas efficient compact car and buy one.

arkie said...

Wow, that doesn't sound good at all. I don't have any suggestions because I know NOTHING about cars.

~Nutz said...

Crap. That sucks. What kind of car do you want? Another truck?

Swami said...

I think you should get a Black Cherry (that's the color - first things first lol) Toyota FJ Cruiser. Very sexy looking vehicle. Not sure what it costs, somewhere in the 20s I think. Comes in 2WD and 4WD. Mileage is just okay (19/22 or something), but it can go anywhere a Hummer can go! It's gorgeous!

Tom sat in one and thought it was plenty big enough for him. (He's 6'3", didn't you once say your DH was 6'6"?)

The back seat is kind of cramped as they usually are, but then the Rottens aren't too big yet, no?