Tuesday, March 21

Ow.

Ow. Ow. OW! I have a molar on the top right side of my mouth that has been chipped/cracked for quite a while now. I bit down on my popcorn this morning the wrong way and now my entire effing mouth hurts. And my jaw. And my ear. And now my checkbook will be hurting to. It's going to cost a minimum of $150.00 for the dentist to "take care" of it. Let's just hope it stops hurting soon and pretends like there's nothing wrong with it for a while longer.

I hate my teeth. And I hate dentists.

10 comments:

Debcapsfan said...

When I was growing up, my best friend's father was a dentist. It always cheered me that her dad was more hated in his job than my dad (a meteorologist). :)

Aislinn Sirk said...

Disclaimer:I'm not suggesting this as real dental advice.
Most toothaches are actually a result of infections. In the absence of dental care I have gotton rid of tooth aches with an amazing amount of mouthwash. I would sleep with a pad saturated with Scope in my jaw.
Mr Bob also had a nasty toothache and could not get a dental appointment for 2 months. The doctor prescribed antibiotics and the toothache went away quickly (poor Mr Bob still went to the dentist)

kim (weltek) said...

Poor momma! I hear ya!

I went to the dentist like every 7 years as a kid, so ended up with lots of cavities & bad back teeth. I'm still dealing with it & put off going to the dentist for pains & such as much as possible. I have a chipped tooth now & haven't yet made an appointment.

Swami said...

You eat popcorn for breakfast?

I think it's pretty bad news when your ear hurts. Pony up the $150. Get antibiotics.

~Nutz said...

Poor momma! :(

Nothing is worse than toothache pain. *ouch*

mtw said...

I have great teeth, a great dental plan, and I love my dentist.

He tried to dump me a year ago when he sold his practice (one of his two locations). I tried the ne dentist, but didn't like him, so I begged my old dentist to take me back!

Oh, and I *really* like the way his wife "cleans my teeth". :-)

Sorry about your mouth hurties, momma!

Seana said...

Oh, ow, momma.

Unsolicited advice alert!

Go to the dentist. My DH doesn't like going to the dentist. As a result, when he *does* go, he always has to go back for a couple appointments to fix things: cavities, broken fillings, etc.

All done now.

Lasann said...

Lasann is thankful for her dental insurance. It doesn't pay it all, but it helps. One of my goals is to take my original teeth with me when I go.

Sonya said...

I had the same thing happen to me. I was eating and it got me in so much pain. I found out it hit a nerve or something. It was very expensive. It was a very back tooth before my wisdom.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

owwww...sorry to hear about your tooth. I cracked a Wisdom tooth a little over a year ago and haven't chewed anything on the left side of my mouth since. Even with my insurance it's going to cost $1000+ so it'll have to wait. It was gut-wrenching awful the first month but now I barely notice it. Its still got to go and so they saw should all the others since they're not needed.