Yikes! I haven't updated since Tuesday. What is wrong with me?
Tonight I went to the Dollar Tree to buy wrapping paper because tomorrow is DH's birthday and I need to wrap his truck stereo and speakers. Of course, I can't just go in and get that one thing cause everything is $1. *rolls eyes* $14 later, I manage to make it out of the store. I passed the Peeps 4 different times. The first time, I thought of Coco, who thought of me when she saw Peeps. The second time was trying to decide if I wanted blue, pink, yellow or purple colored bunnies or chickies. The third time was deciding I definitely wanted chickies and probably yellow. The fourth and final time, I realized I do not need Peeps. So I bought some chocolate eggs with fudge, marshmallow, or caramel filling.
Then I went and caught the last 20 minutes or so of Rotten1's baseball practice. He's sooooo good! And I'm not just saying that because I'm his momma, either. He really is awesome for a barely 8 year old. This is his first year of coach pitch (we missed last year). He hits about 80% of the balls pitched to him, has begun learning how to throw a fastball, stops about 60% of the balls when playing catcher (for the first time tonight), and can field most any ball hit in the infield. And!!! He actually pays attention to the game instead of picking grass or running in circles like many of the boys. He really loves to play and I love to be able to watch. Reminds me of several years gone by. /sentimental moment
Tomorrow is DH's 33rd birthday. His dad and step mom are coming down to take us shopping at the outlet mall and out for dinner. I think we're also going to get DH a new pair of work boots. Should be fun.
Off to finish making DH's butter cake with fudge icing and drink my pina coladas while I pretend I'm on some beach, some where.
16 comments:
What a good wife! Can ya give him 33 spankings for me? ;-)
Have a good time with the in-laws!
Well. I'm glad that if you were going to buy the peeps, it would have been the yellow ones! *grin*
Yay! for rotten1!!! It's so nice when they love something like that! ...and they have a natural talent.
Happy Birfday to Mr. Momma!!!
May I have a pina colada, please?
*stands behind Carey in the Pina Colada line*
I hope you and DH are having a good birthday! Mmmmmmm... fudge icing.
How fun that Rotten1 loves baseball! It is really fun when your kid gets into a sport. Basketball was it for my DD.
When she first tried out baseball, in 3rd grade I think, she started out really well. I told her the hardest thing was running fast around the bases. Hitting the ball is the easy part. So she had no stress about batting, probably hit 80%+ of the balls pitched to her. It was great! Then some parent/coach decided to "improve" her by telling her how hard hitting was and you had to stand just so, and swing just so, and watch the ball just so. By the time he was done DD was so worried about doing everything right that she could barely hit the ball. I was so annoyed!
Can I have some cake and icing please???
Swami just wants to look at my ass.
*looks up*
*gasps*
Carey goes commando!!!!!!
I will have some cake nd some pina coladas.
And a beach.
Aww, baseball was so fun when my boy's played.
Chocolate trumps peeps anytime.
I'm happy today because it is sunny and warming up.
DD won a cake at the cake walk Saturday, we ate it and sang Happy Birthday. Did you hear us?
*smooch*
Happy Belated B-day Larry!
I know what you mean about the Dollar Store. Addictive crap I say. LOL at your Peep issues.
I made Chris a porter beer cake. Couldn't really taste the porter. I think next time I'll also poke some holes in it & drizzle it with porter.
Oh, and did he spend yesterday installing his new stero stuff?
He did install the stereo, but not the speakers since his speakers magically started working properly with the new stereo. So, I think he's going to install them tomorrow. Maybe.
Pina Coladas! Yummy!
These fudge filled eggs sound heavenly too!
Aren't you glad he is good at baseball and not hockey? The equipement costs alone not to mention worrying if he was going to get hurt!
Hey I was here this weekend behind Carey and Swami in the Pina Colada line. And I was singing. Where the heck did I go?
Margaritaville?
*head tilt*
Post a Comment