I don't know why, but I can't quit yawning today. I got some restful sleep this weekend, and almost 7 hours of sleep last night. Oh well. Bedtime will be soon.
I have a question for all of you. Do you use car air fresheners? If you do, what kind? The ugly tree looking things? The Yankee candle ones? The little can looking thingies that you can adjust the amount of smelly it lets into the car? And what scent?
I bought one of those can looking ones this weekend. I usually do not buy these, but I loved the smell - crisp green apple. Normally, I buy refills for the black felt cowboy hat that is in the hidey place under the stereo. But since it's spring, I needed something more springy. And thus, I have the crisp green apple can thingie.
20 comments:
*yawn*
Oh, thanks. Those things are contagious, you know.
I don't like car fresheners. I think that's why DH has 3 - that's THREE - of the damn things hanging in the car. I keep ripping them down, he puts them back up. Maybe his nose doesn't work properly or something.
I especially detest the one hanging from the rear view mirror. It obstructs the view and when it swings, I think I see a person or a car in my peripheral vision and freak out. I told him it will smell up the car just as well if he tapes it to the dash.
I wouldn't mind like some kind of Glade thing or whatever, but I can't stand those awful ones you get at the oil change place, the kind we have.
Thank-you for allowing me to rant about the car fresheners. I feel much better now.
I'm a continual yawner during exercise class at the gym. I try to think of creative ways to stifle and hide the yawns.
I don't use car fresheners. I find it intriguing funny that you have a black felt cowboy hat room freshener.
I like my car to smell good but hate that those things you buy are either too strong or not smelly enough. :( I've used oil on a cotton ball and stashed it under the seat before. I prefer vanilla but have used strawberry recently. :)
*smooch*
*yawn*
OMG! I just had a big *yawn*. I didn't know *yawn*ing was contagious over the internet too!
I don't use those things. The pine tree ones are ucky. I am highly sensitive to perfumely smells. They give me a migraine.
Like Nutz I'm sensitive to smells too. But I do buy the small can thingys and put them under my feet. The scent is just right after a couple days. Plus they have California names like "Malibu Fresh" and I pretend I'm in Malibu.
I use all kinds of different air fresheners in my car. Usually not the dangly ones though. If I get those, I crack open the plastic so that the smells will come out and then I toss them under my seat so that you can't see them.
I have a friend in R.C. (your can put her website under candles on my sidebar) that makes candles and does this sachet bags that have like candle beads in them. They are great for car air freshners or for dresser draws are etc. They are only $2 a sash and last forever. During the summer I buy Irish Spring soap in the box and use an ice pick to poke holes and put them under the front seats. I use to have a friend that owned a detail shop and they did this. The hot sun will really give your vehicle the Irish Spring scent.
P.S. This soap things works in hot climates like Texas, don't know about other parts of the world.
I do not like those car freshners. They smell fake to me.
How about spraying some Fabreeze?
Or open up a box of deoderant panty liners. Those things will make it smell fresh.
I've been especially sleepy despite the hours of sleep I'm getting. I think it's stress. *yawns with momma*
I like the Yankee Candle Cool Cotton one. There was a midnight somethingorother I liked, too. It only took me once to figure out that you weren't supposed to take the whole thing out of the wrapper at once. Wow was that strong.
I don't use them often, just when I notice a funk. I usually lay them in one of the many semi-exposed compartments in the car.
I use them. Right now I do have one hanging from the mirror, but it is not one of those tree things, its a set of cherries. I love them. I have one of those things that goes into the vent, and lets out a little at a time. In my truck I have an old one hanging from the mirror that is a fairy, but it is only there because I like it, not because it smells.
note to self
Buy car
LOL, Zombie! Do you stick the panti liners to a window? Because I'd love to see that!
I don't use a car deodorant because I don't like artifical scents much. Once or twice, while on a trip with my sister, I felt I needed one so I got a vanilla scented thingie from a health food store. It worked well.
Only once did I try one of thiose pine-scented tree things. GAH! I had to leave my car parked with the windows open for 3 days after I threw the thing away. It was nasty!
I love the scent of vanilla. We used to have our car washed at a place that would place a little square piece of air freshener in your car. I always chose vanilla. I usually go for the cheapest if I'm buying one, which I believe is the tree that you hang. I don't like them though because they do get in the way sometimes.
I think that there are two types of people in this world : those that use air freshener and those that don't.
*yawn*
*yawn*
Did everyone read Sonya's soap trick? I think that is quite smart. I love the smell of soap. And fabric softner. Sometimes I stick dryer sheets in weird places.
Soap trick? As in bend over?
Irish Spring is also quite beneficial when storing cars for an extended period. Mice do not like Irish Spring.
Curious as to where else Kim has fabric softener sheets.
Has Carey been riding in your car lately?
*poot*
I came all the over here to tell you that I miss you. A LOT.
Post a Comment