Thursday, March 2
Spring!!!!
Yay! I'm beginning to see signs of spring! This winter, while not terribly cold, has been so dreary and seems so very long. Last night, as I pulled into the driveway, there was a squirrel running up one of the large trees in the back of the house. The hurricane mosquito lamps are hanging again on our porch. The barbeque grill is back on the deck, out of hibernation in the storage shetd. There are small patches of green grass shoving their way up in the yard. Some afternoons this week have been perfect for opening up the windows and airing out the house. And best of all, the sun is fighting to come out through the gray skies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
*sigh* We had freezing rain this morning. Sadly, Spring is not coming soon enough here. I bet we'll have at least one more yucky weather day before we see any crocuses.
Spring? no school around here due to ice and snow.
The cherry blossom and pear trees are in bloom here. So pretty.
It's very overcast today and I hear the colder temps are coming back this weekend *pout*
Yesterday, was t-shirt weather.
We have had the mildest winter in years. Already there are bare patches in the snow-cover. But Spring? Is at least a month and a half away!
I can't wait to start grilling steaks again. Neither my George nor my range can come close to the grilled perfection of a genuine BBQ.
*I* can't wait for spring. Or summer. Anything that doesn't involve it being this cold. I am thinking I should take a trip and visit some friends who live in warmer places. Enjoy your spring for me!
We have had our windows open the last few nights. Isn't it wonderful? I dread the hot summer ahead.
It snowed here this morning. Apparently, we cannot share in momma's excitement...nor sonya's.
This is depressing. Ice storm here. Oh how I long for the warm days of January.
It was a very dreary, depressing day. Cold, rainy, grey, yukky.
Spring cannot get here soon enough.
Spring is still a little cold for my liking. I can't wait for summer.
No signs of spring here. It was -36 one morning this week. The good news is that when it's that cold it doesn't snow.
My parents are leaving today for a month in Florida. By the time they get back we may see signs of spring. Maybe.
We're going to BBQ at the cottage this weekend. There will be two other couples and their kids staying with us tomorrow night. Steaks on the BBQ and salads surrounded by 5 feet of snow. Good times.
Post a Comment