Spring Break is extremely eventful in the Momma house. The first part of the week, the kids were with their dad which included camping with Grandma and a small fishing trip. They came home Wednesday night. Yesterday we went to the Zoo *points down blog a bit*
Today's adventures included a trip to the Dollar Tree, where everything is $1. We found 2 packages of "cool" socks for Rotten2, 2 Easter bunny figures, an Easter basket for the kitchen table, 2 John Deere glasses *waves to Weltek*, 4 C Batteries for the Uno game, 2 Nerf-like blaster thingies for Rotten1, a princess crown and purple headband for Rotten2, more sidewalk chalk, and zoo animal bandaids for a whopping out the door price of $16.16 (with tax). We then ventured to the half price/trade in, locally owned bookstore where Rotten1 purchased 7 books, Rotten2 purchased 7 books, and I purchased 4 Bear Clan books *waves to Breezy* and another book for a grand total of $21.05. Then we walked over to Blockbuster and bought March of the Penguins *waves to Coco* and Madagascar for a grand total of $21.05. Then we went to Walmart for laundry detergent and Twist-Up crayons. Then the grandest part of the adventure was McDonalds *waves to Boo* for lunch, which cost me as much as the damn dollar store. Then it was time to head to the house for rest time and play time before the first baseball practice of the season *waves to Monsty*! Yay!
Tomorrow's adventures, so far, include baseball uniform fittings and going to the "mall" *waves to Carey since she just loves the mall so very muchly* in a nearby town to meet the radio station people, while Larry is at work.
Excitement abounds in this house for Spring Break adventures!
17 comments:
*waves* to momma! :-)
Happy Sring Break Adventure then!
I *heart* you muchly.
Have you read those books yet? *big grin* I have a signed copy of the latest one.
*smooch* I wanna come to your house for Spring Break.
I *heart* the Dollar Tree! I abhor McDonald's.
Sounds like a very fun week for the rottens! Love the zoo pictures!
So you didn't feed the children to the crocodiles at the zoo?
Poor hungry crocs...
*snooches*, momma! :-)
The radio station meet was cool. One of our fave afternoon DJs was on hand and they were giving away Disney on Ice Incredibles tickets, stuffed Incredibles dolls, and a $500 mall gift certificate. Too bad we didn't win anything :( However, the kids were excited by the cups, posters, coloring books, magnets, Incredibles masks, calendars, and other stuff they got off the freebie table.
*waves, smooches, and snooches* to all. Spring Break is almost over. Thank Cod! I don't know if I can handle many more adventures. I know the kids can't. Rotten1 was in bed at 7 and Rotten2 by 9 (which is normal bedtime on the weekends).
And Breezy? I have not read the Bear Clan books before.
Ahhhhhh Spring. Just that much closer to summer. I can't wait. It's always so nice when the rain and wind go bye bye.
*smooch*
*waves back*
There are days when I seriously crave a Big Mac - a good ol' fashion Big Mac from my softball days when Marci and I would eat one for dinner every night.
Mmmmmmm!!!!
Spring Break 'round here is in another couple of weeks (always coincides with Easter). I was thinking of taking the week off myself, but then I would be subjected to the neighborhood helians about the time I'd like to be napping. So I think I'll just wait to do that when Conner is in school.
What are the Bear Clan books? Clan of the Cave Bear books?
Spring break with older kids is much easier. They stay out way late doing lord knows what and then sleep in until 4 p.m.
Spring break here is the week after Easter, starting on Good Friday. I get Good Friday off work. We are not sure why that day has remained a holiday. I like the later spring break because it is warmer.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I miss my little ones.
I love John Deere anything.
Mall!!! Can I come too?
Yes Clan of the Cave Bear series.
Momma!!! I could fly to DFW pretty cheap right now.
I wanna go to the mall. I wanna be on spring break. I wanna go to the zoo.
Lucky Momma!
Wow-you are busy! Those were quite the bargain finds. I love browsing the dollar stores.
*rolls eyes at the JD glasses* You people and your outdoor implement fascination.
The JD house is up for sale again (never sold last time, took it off the market). The price is down about $30K. :-)
sounds like fun! all i did all week was change, feed, rinse, repeat. and J slept in and cuddled, since he had the mornings off from school.
i wanna go to the zoo... it's still too dammit cold here.
Post a Comment