Thursday, March 9

Spring Break!

I used to love Spring Break when I was in school. Especially the older I got *evil grin* After Rotten1 was born and I was out of school, Spring Break didn't mean much to me. Now that both kids are in school, Spring Break is half nightmare and half excitement for me.

The Rottens are out next week. They are going to spend the first half of the week with their dad. The second half of the week is up in the air. They may be with their dad, they may be with me. I may be taking Thursday and Friday off work. Larry is off those days, too. I'm thinking a trip to the zoo would be a cool thing to do on one of those days, if the zoo is even open yet. Other than that, we have no real Spring Break plans.

9 comments:

Coco said...

Are they old enough to babysit?

mtw said...

I have no Spring Break plans and I never got to enjot the college version of Spring Break the way it sounds like you did. Since Dw is a teacher, we usually go on vacation that week. This year, I don't even know when Spring Break is!

Really, I just came here to *smooch* you.

momma said...

Coco, while they aren't old enough to babysit, they can definitely keep a kid or two entertained while an adult is in the house.

mtw, you better watch out! Too much smooching can land you in trouble with one of your 45 future wives! *grin* And yes, I definitely had a couple of wonderful college spring (and summer) breaks!

Lasann said...

Spring break is already?

mm said...

*glares at Momma and MTW*

I kinda dread it too. I used to look forward to it and imagine doing fun projects with the kids but really, it's just a week where they are home longer and can fight more. *sigh*

The zoo sounds like a good idea.

lights said...

When I was in highschool, spring break meant a week of skiing at the ski hill near my parent's house. Cute boys and wineskins! Good memories.

My neice and nephew are on March Break next week too. Then the week after that we're staying with them while their parents go to Florida. I'm glad they'll be in school while I'm in charge. Less to worry about for me. *grin*

Hope the Rottens have a fun week! The kids here all got an extended March break because the buses were cancelled yesterday due to freezing rain and today due to rain and flooding. I'm sure there are some parents that are pulling their hair out trying to make childcare arrangements.

Swami said...

Your zoo closes in the winter? That's weird. Our zoo is open 12 months a year.

I never made the Spring Break trek to Florida or Cozumel or whatever because I am one of those idiots who got married as a teen (waves to Lights.) I have spent my whole life since over-compensating for missing that hedonistic experience.

We did special art projects when the kids were young & home on break. Big, messy art projects--paper mache, giant murals, paint-the-rock (requires a really big rock).

That, or go to Disney World.

Immunegirl said...

I still technically get spring break, though we don't usually take it. We just take vacations whenever we want. This year it happends that the big conference that we go to every year is over spring break, so it turns out I will be spending spring break in the exotic confines of.....Denver. I hope that the Rottens have a much better time that I will. I vote for the zoo.

Sonya said...

If you don't go to the zoo, I suggest the World Aquarium in Dallas. It is downtown. It is really cool. I took the nieces not long ago. It is a part of the zoo. It has a rain forest too. Totally cool and inside. They even serve beer. Oh, this is for the kids not adults. I forgot. X out the beer idea.