Thursday, May 18

Happy Birthday to my baby girl

My baby girl is 6 today. I can't believe how time flies. It seems like only yesterday I was in the hospital, fully coherent (which was a complete change from Rotten1's birth) and scared to death that something was wrong. She had been taken straight from the OR to the nursery, before I could hold her because she still had amniotic fluid in her lungs due to the CSection. I was in recovery for only a couple of hours ... so afraid for her and wanting to see her and hold her that I forced myself to walk before I was really ready. In fact, I couldn't feel my feet yet but I managed to walk around the room so they'd let me up to go to the nursery. To this day, I have no idea how I managed that.

Today, she is a confident, outgoing, spirited child. So very girly and prissy, yet has her moments where she will play in mud puddles. Of course, those moments are usually followed by a check of her clothes and shoes and a desire for a bath. She's grown so much this past year - it's amazing how much she has learned and how much more of her personality has developed. She is entirely too much like her momma, that's for sure.

At 1 year...


And today....

17 comments:

~Nutz said...

Awww! Happy Birfday to the rotten! That is a lovely cake!

Bravie said...

Awwww, happy birthday, Rotten. Have a great day. *smooch*

Surveysez said...

Sweeeeeet. Happy Birthday to the Rotten.

Sonya said...

Happy b-day Rotten2.

*smooch*

Swami said...

She's a beauty, Momma. And what a lovely cake you made for her! I love it! Especially then flowers on top.

kim (weltek) said...

Gorgeous cake and a sweet tribute to your daughter. She seems like a hoot!

*hugs*

Schnookie said...

Beautiful cake and beautiful little girl. Love her rosy cheeks.

momma said...

LOL Those aren't rosy cheeks, Nookie. That's a sunburn from splash day at church school yesterday. Apparently they forgot to put on the sunscreen I sent with her. Oops.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Happy B-day to Rotten2. Have I mentioned how much I like the nickname "The Rottens"?

Zombs said...

Oh she is beautiful! Happy Birthday! Lovely cake too!

They scare you right from the beginning don't they!

Breezy said...

Happy Birthday Rotten2!!!!

kim (weltek) said...

I wish we had splash day at work.

Schnookie said...

*Slashes Kim*

Swami said...

*gives Kim a bandaide*

No cake for Nookie.

Immunegirl said...

Happy Birthday Rotten!

I love pic#2...the cake looks great and she looks so excited about it. :)

Bravie said...

So how was Rotten's day?

Puffy said...

I hope you let her see all our greetings to her:
H*A*P*P*Y
B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!