Saturday, May 13

Weekend Update

After baseball practice last night, Rotten1 & Rotten2 ended up going home with one of Rotten1's teammates and his sister. An unexpected night with DH! So what did we do? Went to sleep at like 9pm. *rolls eyes* It really has been a bizarre week.

This morning, we headed to pick up the kids and stopped at a garage sale on the way. Found a Gateway Pentium II for $15 that needed some memory...so we bought it! Stopped at a local computer repair shop and picked up two memory sticks for $10. Then spent the better part of 6 hours trying to get around the Administrator password on Windows XP Professional. And no, the folks we bought the computer tower from had no idea what the password was. *sigh* Redneck Techie Momma finally ... um ... managed to get it working for DH after he found a little program on the Internet *grin* Then we got the free Compaq working, too. So now I'm in search of two decent used monitors, a keyboard and a set of speakers so both kids will have their own computers again! Yay! In the midst of all of this, we picked up the kids and ended up bringing Rotten1's teammate home with us, too. The boys played and swam all day, Rotten2 left them alone for the most part, and we all had fun. Rotten1's teammate ended up spending the night tonight, too.

Tomorrow? Hopefully I'll get that long list of chores accomplished from below. At least DH got my truck washed today, and the kitchen and living room are clean. I think most of the laundry is done too. Hm...may not be so bad after all.

*smooch*

11 comments:

mm said...

I love your updates. You have a such a nice, "normal" life and I love that you share the ups and downs with us all.

*smooch*

Yay for the new computer!

Bravie said...

Sounds very productive. I had a productive and busy day yesterday and today I'm going to hang out with my Mom.
Happy Mother's Day.

Seana said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Immunegirl said...

Hello! I'm glad to hear that you are getting the computer stuff working...I have been sort of techie like that ever since my other laptop bit the dust (ask my about the external hard drive I made. Just ask...) I am not doing too much this weekend since I don't want to take a rowboat to go anywhere.

Happy Mother's Day. *smoooch*

momma said...

Normal? My life? *snort*

Okay, Iggy...tell us about your external hard drive that you made. Please. Because, in my mind, you buy an external hard drive, you don't make one.

Immunegirl said...

How to make external hard drive:
1. Watch the Harvard computer support people take apart your laptop and remove the hard drive and recover your data. Realize it is not so hard to take apart a computer and take out the hard drive.
2. Send said computer off for repairs and find out it is unrepairable, although you know the hard drive works just fine because of above.
3. Take computer apart and take out hard drive.
4. Put hard drive in purse and take it to Best Buy. Show it to the nice man and have him tell you which enclosure you need to buy to go with it. Buy enclosure.
5. Put hard drive in enclosure. Voila! You now have an external hard drive.

Of course, when I usually tell this story I make myself sound much more tech saavy.

Lasann said...

Swam - geeze I gellous. It's monsoon season here and suddenly I'm wearing tennis shoes and jeans again. My feet so aren't happy with this weather.

A computer for $15 is a steal! Good job.

Smooches to Rotten 1 and 2 and spring sports and all.

Sonya said...

Hope you had a great Mother's day!

Puffy said...

Sounds like your son has a best buddy. That's really nice.

We just donated about 4 computers' worth of stuff to Goodwill: monitors, keyboards, speakers, towers, etc. If only I had known, however the shipping would have cost more than you'll probably pay for the stuff.

kim (weltek) said...

You are so smaht & sahvvy. What a deal!

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't do to go to bed (and sleep) at 9 p.m.