Friday, May 5

I give up.

I called the HR lady today, she was out sick. I left a message inquiring whether they had filled the position. We'll see. I still am giving up though. If they call, it will be a nice surprise.

The Tooth Fairy left a $2 bill + 2 $1 bills. Rotten1 was extremely excited about this because his best buddy also gets $2 bills from the Tooth Fairy, which I did not know. He's never, ever going to spend the $2 bill because it's very special to him. Color me impressed.

In other news, I went shopping tonight. I bought a new watch, a pair of very casual capris, a skort, two shirts and two pairs of flip flops. I will be taking back another skort and shirt that do not fit properly. I also bought new foundation - I'm trying this creme to powder stuff...we'll see. And, I bought some lotion, a few new hair scrunchy thingies, some Benadryl for Rotten1, dog shampoo, kid shampoo and body wash, and a new toy for the cat. No, they were not all purchased at the same place. I actually went to two different stores! Yay for me!

Now, I'm off to make the blog rounds and watch Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone for the first time.

*smooches and hugs to all my wonderfully supportive friends*

11 comments:

Zombs said...

Ok that is good. She was out sick. Remember the people hiring go slow! I think you have a great shot at it!

Now you should show Rotten1 that scary Tooth Fairy movie! I am evil that way!

Does he have that cute toothless grin now?

Monstah said...

I agree with Zombs. Keep some hope.

I have been thinking good thoughts for you and will keep them up!

Surveysez said...

*crosses ankles, also*
It's going to be so hard to walk like this.

I used to have the girls put the tooth in an envelope and switch it for another one cause those little teeth can migrate all over. Then they got the brilliant idea of decorating the envelope and I had to become a master at getting them open, taking the tooth and replacing it with the money. They were always so amazed.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Hiring always seems to go slower than you are told it will be, so don't give up hope (but maybe don't give up looking for other jobs as well. It's lot easier to handle rejection if you've got a hotter prospect lined up)

Bob <--- wishes she was smart enough to take her own advice

Seana said...

You will enjoy the Harry Potter movie. Well, I did and DH did and we rarely agree on movies.

I like the 'give up hope and maybe get a nice surprise' method too. I once interviewed for a position and they never called. I thought it had gone very well. I got another job. They called me a couple months later and asked if I could come in for a second interview. I said no.

Anonymous said...

Sending you good thoughts.

*smooch*

Breezy said...

Keep your chin up, they may still call. *smooch*

mm said...

I'm agreeing with everyone else. Until you're told otherwise, keep some hope.

*smooch*

MM <--still needs to do some summer shopping

Lasann said...

I was impressed that you bought everyone something though the cat will enjoy the gift better than the dog and Rotten1.

The tooth fairy, wow. Memories Light the Corners of My Mind!

The job - here's hoping you get a call this week!

Sonya said...

Maybe they haven't filled it cuz the HR woman was out sick. Hopefully you will hear something soon. What town is this in? More money?

Bravie said...

Just here to check up and see if we have heard yet.
And now I will echo what everybody else said. *smooch*