Monday, May 8

Long, long day

After a nice, relaxing weekend...I went back to work. Argh. It's insane. Orders are up, production is up, you'd think all would be well, right? No. One employee is out with a family emergency and we don't know when she'll be back. Another employee is on light duty due to cataract surgery. Did you know that for a week after eye surgery, you cannot lift anything over 7lbs because you might strain your eye? No shit. I have the doctor's note to prove it. So, what does that leave? One employee who is fairly new and working her way through the year long learning curve. And me. Yay. /sarcasm

Rotten1 had a ball game tonight - a make up game from last Saturday's rain out game. They played very well. Rotten1 scored two runs and had 3 hits! Two of our worst players, and they are bad, even swung well. One actually got a hit! His first all season! Unfortunately, a couple of fielding errors cost us the game :( Ah well....they played very well over all.

Rotten2 is still cranky and crabby from her weekend with their father. I swear, I'm putting her to bed at 6pm tomorrow if this shit doesn't stop!

And on the job front, well. No news. No return phone call. So..no big deal. It was a good practice process for the next run. I sent out a couple more resumes yesterday. We'll see. Oh, and according to some news report? Unemployment is down and the job market is booming. According to Jay Leno, the White House Cabinet has enough job openings to cover all unemployed people. *snicker*

15 comments:

Aislinn Sirk said...

Do you know if you sneeze and you don't close your eyes, they can pop right out?

Sonya said...

Maybe the hr girl is still out sick or back but behind and hasn't made a decision. Hang in there. What part of town are you looking and if I hear of anything I'll let you know.

Bravie said...

Keep up the positive thinking about the job. But good idea to get the resume out to other places too.
*smooch*

kim (weltek) said...

Yay for baseball greatness!

I'm with Sonya, although I don't blame you for giving up on worrying about the other job. I'd do the same thing.

Hope everyone gets healthy at your workplace & eases your stress. At least it's not mumps. *smooch*

Sonya said...

Kim - where have you been hiding? No updates this week.

mm said...

Keep up the positive thinking about the job. But good idea to get the resume out to other places too.
*smooch*

(Carey stole my line before I got here)

Glowie said...

Keep up the positive thinking about the job. But good idea to get the resume out to other places too.
*smooch*


*big doofus grin*

jenbeauty said...

Woo Hoo momma is going to the White House!!

mtw said...

Forget the positive thinking about the job. It's pointles. (plus, it would just be torturing yourself, and if they call and offer you can be pleasantly surprised. Besides it's probably pointless)

*crosses fingers for no good reason*

Yay for Rotten1 and his baseball team!

I remember playing in little league one year and we had a kid who was completely freaking clueless and could barely swing a bat, and was slow as molasses, and of course, he was about the nicest kid you could possibly ever meet. He went the whole season without a base hit before finally getting one in the last game. It's one of the *only* things I remember about my little league days. It was certainly our team's highlight that season.

I think the coaches were giving players special team-colored shoelaces to every kid when he got his first hit. He was the very last to earn his, obviously, and we were glad he did.

Immunegirl said...

Hmmm...I've got an awful lot of things to get done here. How do you feel about Boston?

Strain your eye? Are you serious? Whoa.

Landru said...

Luck.

Rose said...

Ah, I hope you hear from them. *high five* for the rottens!

Surveysez said...

A quick hiring story. I interviewed and was in the final three, they chose someone else. Wrote that one off and a month later they called back to find out if I would still be interested in it. Turns out the one they chose just could not handle it and admitted it during training. Long story short, I took the job, loved it, and a few months later, ended up hiring the first woman for a lesser job that she was very capable of doing. She is a good friend to this very day. So sometimes things work out in a way you never expect.

Anonymous said...

Sorry momma. *smooch*

Would you please put me to bed at 6 tomorrow. I'm tired and cranky myself.

Zombs said...

Momma momma mo-mama maaaaama!

I feel like a pina colada. Do you want one? Have one with extra rum for me!