Thursday, May 11

So.

I'm sitting here tonight playing on my computer and it hits me.

It's quiet. Entirely too quiet. DH is at work. Rotten1 is spending the night at his grandma's. Rotten2 is here, though and she usually makes enough noise for seven children. Where is she and what has she gotten into? Last I'd seen her, she was off to color in her room. So I go in there. And at 6pm, she's fast asleep at her desk coloring a My Little Pony page.

So cute, so sweet, so quiet. I didn't want to move her for fear that she'd wake up. But it didn't look comfortable. And besides, if I didn't wake her up, she'd never go to sleep tonight. But she must have been tired since she had a long, late weekend at her dad's AND she'd been there last night.

So I moved her to her bed. She didn't wake up immediately. About 5 minutes later, she came in the living room with me and asked to go to "that new website" her teacher told her about. Turns out, it is one we've been to many, many times - just not to this part of the site. pbskids. *snort*

She has entirely too much fun when it's just me and her. And so do I.

10 comments:

mm said...

I just love it when I only have one child at home with me. That time seems so much more special.

*smooch* to Momma and Rotten2!

Rose said...

Very sweet. My 3 yr old tried to fall asleep on the concrete porch last night. Needless to say I wouldn't let him.

*snort*

Surveysez said...

Curling up with a movie and popcorn with only one kid is such a special time. Each needs to be the centre for a while.

Bravie said...

Very sweet. *smooch*

Swami said...

One on one time with your kid is so special! The kids treasure those memories too when they are older.

I love My Little Pony. Do they still show the cartoon series somewhere?

I saved all my DD's ponies. I think there are about 40 in the box. Sometimes they come out for Christmas.

Aislinn Sirk said...

What a comforting post to read.

jenbeauty said...

I love those moments, they are the best!

*pouting* as I have been removed from your links........

kim (weltek) said...

Awww, that's so sweet. Sounds like a perfect evening.

momma said...

Swami, the cartoons aren't on anymore, but they do have some episodes on DVD. I think Rotten2 might be getting one or two for her birthday next week :)

Sonya said...

Poor baby was worn out.