Tuesday, July 4

I'm going to try something.....

My mom was an awesome seamstress. She could make anything. Seriously. I've seen the pictures, I still have some of the clothes, and my grandma swears it. I've been feeling slightly unproductive lately ... creative juices want to flow and do something .... so this weekend I pulled out my mom's sewing machine. Poor thing had a layer of dust on the case that had to be 1/2" thick. Mom would have killed me!

So last night, on my way home from work, I bought these:


Pajama pants patterns! So...if this works and I can do this, I've found my new addiction. So many patterns, so many fabrics!!! I could have a whole new wardrobe!

11 comments:

Puffy said...

Good thing I read your final comments. At first I thought you bought 2 new children and another couple to "swing" with.

Good luck with the sewing! Remember for hubby, the opening goes in the front.

Surveysez said...

So Puffy, for Momma, where does the opening go?

Good luck on the sewing thing.

Puffy said...

Surveysez, for Momma, how about 3 flap openings in front; two on the top and one on the bottoms. She could get very creative with these pajamas.

Seana said...

Oh, good for you! Back before I broke my ancient sewing machine, I made the Hallowe'en costumes and stuff. I suck at it.

Go you!

momma said...

Woooohoooooooo!!!

I did it. I made pajama pants for me! Yay me! Okay, so I decided I wanted them capri length, and made it work, instead of pants length. But I did it! All by myself!

Puffy said...

Congratulations! That didn't take long. Do they have a drawstring? I am very impressed. You could make matching blogland shirts for all of us, you know.

Bravie said...

I'm jealous. I can't even thread a needle.

momma said...

Yes, Puffy, they do have a drawstring, which was the hardest part. Especially considering the first time I put it in, I put it on the back. Oops.

momma said...

And Carey? I so expected to hear you calling me a dork since this goes way beyond Breezy's cross stitching.

*grin*

Swami said...

My mom was a great sewer too. I used to make clothes and stuff when I was first married to hubbie #1, but my oldest DD cured me of sewing forever. Everytime I opened up the machine she demanded equal sewing rights, kept changing the thread colors on me and just generally made a mess with loose threads and cuttings on the floor. For me to quit sewing just seemed like the easiest thing to do, and I never got back into it.

Schnookie said...

Wow, I'm so impressed Momma! Yay for you. I love pj pants. I seem to always want to buy them when I see them in the stores.

I think you need to make all your blogland friends pj pants in a banana pattern *grin*