Ick. I hate mornings like this when I have to go to work. I just cannot seem to get motivated. It doesn't help that half of my yard is under water from all the rain we have gotten. Blech.
I did well yesterday - 10 smokes. Today, I will do it again. Tomorrow, when I am home alone, I will begin my attempt to cut that in half. I'm on my way! Yay!
So, help me think of inexpensive projects I can start to do to keep myself occupied. Or recommend something I can do to keep busy. I'm getting bored with my computer games.
14 comments:
Scrapbooking. It can be expensive but doesn't have to be. Or, you can just organize your photos, if you haven't already done so.
Give your house an extreme cleaning. Get the old toothbrush out and clean all the grout.
Redecorate a room or two by repainting.
Good luck Momma!
Crochet. :-) That's what I'm supposed to start doing.
You're doing great, love. Keep it up! *smoooooooooch*
(75+ hours for us and we even went to the bar last night)
Great idea Glowie. Or knitting. I did that when I first quit and it really did help.
YAY Glowie & Shawn!!! How brave of you to go to a bar while trying to quit. I never could have done that in the first stages.
Keep it up, momma!
Paint a room at your house. Sew some pillows. Go find an old piece of furniture, sand it down and repaint it in a funky way.
Make candles or soap. Luna will give you tips on candlemaking. The kids would like helping you, too.
Oh that's right. You have a sewing machine right?
Sew some gaffs.
true recently recommended this book over on OT.
If you google 'Easy.Way.To.Stop.Smoking.pdf' you can download it for free!
Can't hurt, right?
I have that book. Don't buy it momma. I'll send it to you if you'd like.
Keep it up, Momma. As for keeping busy, i can't help you because I am all about computer games and Sudoku games to keep me occupied.
...but Nookie, she can download the .pdf file for free and have it today on her computer.
Did it work for you, Nookie?
*SNORT* I think I should learn to read more clearly Nutzy.
Ok. I started back smoking in September due to all the house selling/buying carp.
My new quit date is Monday Jan. 8th. I'll be using the patch and drugs again.
I'm currently reading the book because my aunt gave it to me. Her friend, who smoked all her life and could never quit, read the book and quit. My aunt was so amazed that she went out and bought a few copies of the book and has been handing them out to peeps who smoke. My aunt was reading the book when I saw her and was almost finished. I must call her to see if she has finished yet.
Anyhow, I'm only reading the book out of curiosity because it says to continue smoking while reading hte book and I don't think I'll be finished by Monday and I just want to quit on that date. Also, the book says to not use any aids to help quit smoking, like candies, nicotine gum etc.
I'm just really really curious to finish the book to see what method he uses to get peeps to quit.
Alright, I'm printing the pdf and I'm going to read it this weekend. We'll see.
Nookie, I'm not using any patches, gums or meds. That's why I'm trying this whole "weaning" effect. *shrug*
Glowie, I'm impressed. No way could I go to the bar and not smoke.
You can do it Momma! I've done it 4 times! *grin*
The last time I quit I used the crocheting method. Dominic was the benefactor of my quitting smoking.
Dave's talking about quitting soon. I'll quit if he does. I only smoke about 5 or 6 a day anyways so it shouldn't be too difficult. Maybe.
Good luck!
With the added money you'll have from not smoking, you'll be able to afford an expensive hobby.
Good luck cutting back today, Momma! I have no helpful advice on hobbies or anything but you can come help me paint a highlight wall in my kitchen. You can't smoke on planes or in airports or in cabs so that should work out.
Post a Comment