Rotten2 lost her second tooth yesterday at school. At lunch. While eating the ham out of her ham sandwich. She was so proud of that little envelope that the nurse gave her to keep her tooth in. She even drew a picture during free time that said "I'm gunna see the toth farey. Yes! Yes! Yes!" She put the tooth under her pillow. She fell asleep in record time.
And I forgot.
I fucking forgot.
So I made up a story about how busy the tooth fairy must have been, since she had to visit another girl in Rotten2's class last night. And while she was brushing her teeth, the tooth fairy made a quick appearance.
All was well in Rotten2's world and now she has a story to tell her class today. I'm feeling absolutely horrid. The look on her face when she realized the tooth fairy didn't come....OMG. Never again. Never. Ever. Ever!
13 comments:
*raises hand* I've done the same thing. *sigh* It sucks to see that look.
*hug*
Oh no. Her disappointment must have been awful. Quick thinking though! Did you give her double what she would have gotten if you remembered?
I have done that more times than I care to admit.
But less than 5 times. :-)
MTW <-- not THAT bad!
And that doesn't necessarily mean FOUR times.
{{{hugs}}} Don't fret too much. It happens.
I'm sorry, I laughed a little at that story. It's very sweet that she was so excited! And it all worked out in the end. You were a good mom for quickly answering her and making up for it.
*raises hand*
Me too. Probably more than twice.
Yes, catch it whilst they are in the bathroom. My 9YO actually went for a couple of days without checking the tooth box!
Awwwww, poor Momma. *hugs*
I know that sinking feeling very well, since I forogt once or twice too. But good recovery, Momma! You saved the day!
{{hugs}} last time I was in hospital my girl was 7, lost a tooth, MIL forgot to do the fairy thing and decided to tell her the truth....shakes head!!
I did that with the Easter Bunny one year. Arkieboy wouldn't go to sleep and I fell asleep before he did. He woke up before me, and then woke me up because he was upset because the Easter Bunny forgot him. I told him that it was still pretty early, and maybe the Easter Bunny wasn't finished visiting kids, and he should go back to sleep. I fell asleep again waiting on him to go back to sleep.
I want to see a picture of your toothless daughter. You're a very good momma.
Post a Comment