Thursday, January 18

Horoscopes

You Are A Cypress Tree
You are strong, adaptable, and striving to be content.You're good at taking what life has to give - even if you don't like it.A passionate lover who can't be satisfied, you are quick tempered at times.You hate loneliness, want love and affection, and need to be needed.A bit of a live wire, you love to gain knowledge any cost... and you can be careless at times.


Do you think horoscopes have a hint of truth to them? Do you read your daily horoscope? I think the ones based on your star sign/personality traits are generally semi-accurate. The daily ones? Not so much at all. In fact, I haven't read my daily horoscope in years. And unless it's going to tell me that Rotten1 is NOT going to give his stomach bug to me, I don't want to read it.

12 comments:

Bravie said...

heh, I just sent a daily horoscope of mine to Breezy on Monday and laughed telling her that I don't follow them but how appropriate that particular one was.
Like you, I don't believe in the dailies but I do believe that certain signs share certain traits.

Here was mine (frightingly accurate):

You are a walnut tree
You are strange and full of contrasts... the oddball of your group.
You are unrelenting and you have unlimited ambition.
Not always liked but always admired, you are more infamous than famous.
You are aggressive and spontaneous, and your reactions are often unexpected.
A jealous and passionate person, you are difficult in romantic relationships.

Zombs said...

Normally I say no. Definately no. I a Capricorn and I have never seen stuff about them that have applied to me. In fact just the opposite. Until this one.

Except for the talented part it is pretty accurate!

Fir Tree
You love anything beautiful, and you have extraordinary taste.
And while it's hard for you to trust, you care deeply for those close to you.
You are a social butterfly, and you have many friends.
You handle stress well - and you are a master at relaxing after a hard day.
Overall, you are modest, talented, unselfish, and very reliable.

Zombs said...

Hee Carey is a walnut tree.

kim (weltek) said...

I agree. Personality traits are seemingly accurate. The daily horoscope? Crap.

Hey, how goes the smoking, or lack there of?

arkie said...

I think most of this is inaccurate.
I am a Cedar tree
You are elegant yet unpretentious, modest yet vivacious.
Attractive and friendly, you are full of imagination but might lack passion.
You abhor vulgar people, and you don't like anything in excess.
You have little more ambition than to live a calm life and enjoy nature.
You create a content, peaceful atmosphere for others.

mm said...

I'm a naysayer I guess. I don't read mine and usually find if I pretend that I'm another sign, the description still fits.

mm said...

I was a fir tree too. *waves to Zombs*

Swami said...

I think horoscopes are written in such generalized terms that I can usually relate to all of them.

The dailies always seem written for 20-somethings and hugely concerned about future romance and job changes, so I pay no attention to them.

That said, I am a Hornbeam tree, whatever that is...

***You Are A Hornbeam Tree***
You are a reserved person, looking in from the outside.
Naturally attractive, you take good care of your looks.
You are not egoistic, and you make life as comfortable as possible.
You look for kindness in others - though you are seldom happy with yourself.
A bit mistrusting and unsure, you dream of being swept away by someone unusual.

Anonymous said...

You Are An Elm Tree

You are easygoing and a pleasure to be around.
Good looking, you have a pleasant shape and tasteful clothes.
You demand little in others, but you tend not to forgive their mistakes.
Dominant, you like to lead and enjoy making decisions for others.
Overall, you are cheerful, honest, noble, generous, and funny.


A lot of this is true. A lot. I will usually read the ones in the paper each day. And I try to read them at the end of the day so that I can see if it really applied. I always read the one for my birthday - my actual birthday. :)

Anonymous said...

Wait, Zombs and I are both capricorns, but we are not the same tree.

kim (weltek) said...

You Are A Rowan Tree

You are full of charm and cheer. You light up a room.
And while you crave attention, you do it without ego.
You are an interesting mix of contradictions - and very unpredictable.
You are both dependent and independent, calm and restless.
You are passionate, emotional, gregarious, and (at times) unforgiving.

mtw said...

I agree with Swami and MM. Never read them, don't put any stock in them. They all apply in some degree, none of them applies fully.