Monday, January 29

*frustrated screeeeeaaaaaaaaam*

So. DH calls at 8:30 am. Seems our septic system pump went out at some point recently and the septic is now overflowing into our backyard. All because he needed to do laundry. When I call at lunch, he finally was able to unclog the pump and it's running, for now. Needs to be replaced and there are no guarantees on how long it will last. *sigh*

Then he calls at 2:47. He's doing laundry finally. And heard water rushing. So he spent 30 minutes trying to stop the washing machine from overflowing and mopping up massive quantities of water. *big sigh* He's done laundry bazillions of times. Really. I swear.

Oh......and we have no phone at home. Which means no internet. And would I please call the phone company for the upteenth time to find out when they will be fixing it? *really, really big sigh*

9 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Oh for cripes sake. What a PITA! *hugs*

momma said...

The washing machine is fixed. Apparently the water control valve "fell off and into the bottom of the washing machine". It's back on and operational and didn't cost a damn thing! Yay!

Puffy said...

*shakes head* Only in Texas.

Bravie said...

I'm glad to hear that the water is fixed. But that is much less important than the internet. I mean, really. :)

Swami said...

Your grass will be so green this year! People will want to know your secret. I have a flower garden just by my septic tank and it bloomed so beautifully for a couple of years after we had a little spill.

My dryer is broken so I feel your laundry pain. At least I didn't have to mop up a bunch of water.

Anonymous said...

*tickles momma*

Sorry. And I will have to agree with Bravie about what's more important.

Breezy said...

*smooch*

Swami's right, your lawn will be gorgeous this year.

momma said...

Yeah, but this is the backyard. So no one will see it :(

And I know the internet is much more important. Really. But there's nothing DH can do about it. Verizon has to come out and run a new line. Waaaaaaaaaaah!

~Nutz said...

Well, crap!