Monday, January 15

I think......

..... I need new glasses.

......I am going to buy Rotten1 a pair of Heelys for his bday next month

......I want to bake cookies tomorrow

......My niece has hit a massive growth spurt in a month. I barely recognized her tonight.

......My ex-inlaws are pretty decent people.

......Jack Frost needs to go back into hiding. I was quite enjoying the 50-60 degree winter days. Below freezing days? Not so much. 27 degrees with an inch of ice on the roads with wind chills making it feel like 5 degrees is NOT humane.

14 comments:

Schnookie said...

I'm pretty sure I need new glasses also. I hate buying new glasses.

What are Heelys?

Cookies! YUMMY! What kind?

How old is your niece?

I'm glad to hear that about your ex-inlaws. It's so important for everyone to try to be nice and get along.

Ack! Be careful with that ice Momma. I sure hope we don't get any here.

momma said...

Nookie, Heely's are tennis shoes with a skate in the heel. They are the coolest shoe imaginable. At least, according to Rotten1.

I don't know what kind of cookies. I haven't made them yet :(

My niece is now 8.

Schnookie said...

Oooooooooooh I want a pair of Heelys also. I see kids with them all the time and they look like a lot of fun. Great way to get around.

Bravie said...

We had to put down salt on our walkway at work today because of the frozen water icey stuff that grew there. I'm from Cali.
I don't know nothing about ice and cold, Ms, Scarlett. :)

momma said...

The company that owns the company I work for (okay, our parent company) also has majority ownership of Heelys. So I'm angling for a massive discount, cause I really don't want to spend $60 on a pair of shoes for a 9 year old boy who will outgrow them way before they've earned their way into our house.

Schnookie said...

Do they make Heelys for adults?

LOL Carey.

momma said...

*runs off to check*

momma said...

Yes, Nookie, they do. As long as your size is a 9 or smaller. Of course, they have mens sizes too.

Monstah said...

Coooooooooookies!

And: Set up some strict road rules for those Heelys from the onset! I am happy the ex in laws are decent. It is good for the children to see that.

Anonymous said...

Neighbor girl has Heelys. I see her rolling about all the time, even in the house. I don't know that I would allow that in my house.

Conner has some Diego shoes these days. Everytime he puts them on, he sings, "Go Diego, go!" He will only wear white tennis shoes. That's it. Last summer I bought three pair of sandals anticipating the wear and tear he put on them the summer before. He never wore them. *grrrr*

I agree with Monsty about the in-laws.

Bravie said...

I want a pair of Heely's. They gotta be safer than me putting my old, fat body into the inline skates that I have. *grin*

kim (weltek) said...

I want Heelys to run around campus. It's a long walk, so skates in my shoes would come in handy.

Swami said...

Heelys look like so much fun! If I were younger, I would have me a pair of Heelys.

What kind of cookies are we having?

We are -13' degrees this morning. A bit chilly.

Glowie said...

I have a pair of shoes with wheels in them. I wore them around for a good while when Shawn and I first got together. Not Heelys though.