Friday, January 12

Have you ever......

Have you ever seen someone in a store that looks so very much like someone you once knew that you would swear up and down it was the person you knew, even when deep down, you know it really can't be that person? Even if the resemblances are so strikingly similar that it takes every fiber in your being to resist the urge to go up to that person and ask them if they are the person you know? Have you ever walked up to that person?

5 comments:

Bravie said...

No, I can't say that that has ever happened. I probably would not walk up to the person if it did though.

Swami said...

I have walked up to someone for a second look. Once a woman smiled back at me when I did that, so I told her she looked exactly like this person I used to know.

Tom used to have stange women walk up to him all the time when we were dating, thinking he was his brother John. At least, that was Tom's story, and they did look freakishly alike at that time. (Younger brother is now a shiney dome whereas Tom still has hair.)

Anonymous said...

I've done it.

On Saturday I saw a woman walking into the store who I just knew was my neighbor. I spoke and she spoke back, then it hit me that she had no clue who I was. I explained that I thought she was my neighbor. She figured me for someone from her kid's school.

Seana said...

I've done it too. I remember one woman who looked so much like my mother, I asked if she was related to us. By way of an explanation, my grandmother was from a family with 9 kids and my grandfather's family had 14. I have cousins I've never even met, so it's possible.

Schnookie said...

I saw a woman at the local grocery store that looked exactly like my SIL. Of course I knew it couldn't possibly be her. It was weird.

Some girl mistook me for someone she knew. This was when I was in my 20's. She was going to beat the crap out of me. Thankfully, I convinced her I wasn't who she thought I was. *phew*