Saturday, January 6

Saturday Adventures

Slept in this morning. God, that felt GOOD! I haven't had a full 11 hour night of sleep in for.ev.er. Or at least, that is how it has felt lately. The dog woke me up because she needed to go outside. I took her out with a smoke in my hand. I lit it. She did her business. I noticed the neighbor's dog out running loose. Their black Lab never runs loose. So I brought my dog back in and called the neighbor. Sure enough, that was his Lab. So I brought her over to my house until he got down his driveway (about a quarter of a mile long) and across the street. Total number of cigarettes smoked: 3 drags.

Came inside, logged onto my computer, made myself a bowl of baked apple oatmeal and began playing.....and realized something. I'm going to log on and type or browse or read or something every time I want a cigarette today because I have no one here to talk to other than the dog or the cat or the fishies.

Fair Warning: This might get very long and very boring. If you don't read it all, I won't hold any grudges.

10:01 am - Look at me! I got my avatar back! Yay me!
1:51 pm - So I've taken a shower and run three hours worth of errands. In that time, I smoked two. However, I'm kinda proud of myself, as it's nearly 2pm and I've been awake for 6 hours and I've only smoked two. Going for the rest of the day will be a challenge. I can do this!
9:09 pm - Well. This afternoon/evening didn't go so well. I started out deep cleaning my living room and kitchen. And somehow, in the process, I upped my total number of smokes to 7. In fact, I just smoked #7. I'm slightly disappointed in myself, but. It is still progress. Sort of.

11 comments:

Bravie said...

Heh, poor Momma. I don't look forwad to my mornings when I finally quit. That's when I read the paper online and smoke up a storm. *hugs*

Swami said...

You can sleep for 11 hours straight? Wow.

Puffy said...

The more you sleep, the less you'll smoke. You've been very successful so far! Keep it up!

Breezy said...

Baby steps. *smooch* You can do it!

Monstah said...

11 hours! That is a great sign that you are relaxing and that evil nicotine is leaving your body.

Happy you got your avatar back. :)

momma said...

The rest of the weekend was much the same. Between 8-9 smokes on Saturday and Sunday.

And I started reading that book Nookie and Nutz were talking about.

Monstah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monstah said...

Momma, that was me. I am going to email you the entry instead.

Monstah said...

Weird. I cannot find you under c or m in my address book. If you email me I will email back what I wrote.

kim (weltek) said...

You can kick this, hon. Write those goals everywhere in the house. Call us to chat when you feel like a smoke. My cell is always on (of course that doesn't mean I'll hear it ring!).

Glowie said...

Puffy's comment was totally true. I'd have slept the entire weekend if I didn't have to do laundry.

*smooch* Wanting to quit is a majorly huge step. I never really wanted to, I just knew I had to or he wouldn't.