Monday, November 12

Repetition

Ever feel like each day is just a repeat of the one before it? I swear, I went to sleep last night and woke up yesterday morning...it's like Groundhog Day or something. Not much difference in today, yesterday or last week. And while this isn't a bad thing, I'm getting bored. Even the kids are in a rut. Of course, they are behaving for the most part, so I'm not about to complain about that.

So......in the interest of spicing things up a bit...it's time to play Boo's favorite game. Tell me three random things about yourself.

28 comments:

Bravie said...

I like half n half in my coffee.

I like the smell of gasoline.

Boston Baked Beans are one of my favorite candies.

momma said...

*runs off to google Boston Baked Beans candies*

momma said...

"The Boston Baked Bean" is a generic name used throughout the candy industry for sugar coated peanuts. Ferrara Pan Candy Company developed their line of Boston Baked Beans in the early 1930's, right around the same time that Red Hots were introduced.

The Boston Baked Bean is created using the cold panned candy process. This process involves building candy pieces from single units, such as peanuts, and tossing them into revolving pans while adding flavor, color and other candy ingredients. This process continues until the pieces become the size desired.


Hunh. Sounds....okay.

Anonymous said...

OMC. I could so be Bravie today.

Okay, let's see:

1. When riding in a vehicle, I prefer to be facing forward. We went out in a limo on Saturday for someone's birthday. During that ride, whenever I was facing any way other than forward, I felt sick.

2. I am wearing pants today that are rolled up. IMO, it doesn't look bad, and no one else has asked about it. Even people I would normally expect to. The pants are too long, and I'm too lazy to have them hemmed.

3. I am stuck in a bit of a rut myself, momma. I'm not sure how to get out at the moment. Lots of things going on.

Bravie said...

You don't want to be me, Boo. :)

Oddly, my pants are rolled up today too.

momma said...

Oddly, my pants are NOT rolled up. Did I miss the fashion memo? And...inquiring minds need to know - are they tight rolled?

Bravie said...

Mine are not tight rolled. I just flipped the cuff up about an inch. Otherwise my pants would be dragging.

Anonymous said...

Not tight. I have a big cuff. I have another pair of pants that are made this way, so maybe people just think these are those pants.

These are Eddie Bauer pants. In order to fit my fat aras, I had to get longer pants.

At The Limited, I can get the big aras pants in the short version, hence good length.

Anonymous said...

My pants are Khaki, btw. And I'm wearing my favorite blue sweater.

kim (weltek) said...

1. One of my big toenails finally fell off last night. 3 months after the effing walk. I'm so grossed out.

2. I never stuff the bird at Thanksgiving. And I make my stuffing/dressing from cut up misc. loaves of bread. This year, it's honey wheat and multigrain.


3. When I'm feeling stressed to the max, or really angry, I start to shake inside and have to work very hard to physically control it, so it doesn't show on the outside. <---really hard to describe I guess.

Anonymous said...

Stove Top!

momma said...

I'm truly impressed, Kim.

*sits in the StoveTop corner with Bree*

mtw said...

Mine are not random:

1. I also like half and half in my coffee.

2. Stove Top stuffing is okay for an October weeknight when real stuffng isn't possible, but should not be allowed on any table on Thanksgiving. Not even the kiddie tale.

3. I love Boston Baked beans. I'd like to be able to make candy.

4. When Boo said she was "wearing pants today", I thought she was taking the comments in a zombie-like direction. Heh!

kim (weltek) said...

Since I won't be home for a week, I had to start making my bread cubes this weekend. They are drying now.

I was SERIOUSLY tempted to do Stove Top this year since I won't be home much. But I gave in to the MTW philosophy.

momma said...

MTW - FOUL!!!!!! We need three random things.

Kim - Why won't you be home for a week?

mtw said...

Random:

I need to go buy some new clothes, but can't get motivated to do it.

Our desktop computer at home is pissing me off. It's very old, very slow, and constantly needs to be rebooted. And the printer rarely works on the first try.

I am sick of being the cat referee at my house.

mtw said...

One more random - inspired by the quote on your front page.

The new Dear Abby is a complete idiot and should not be giving people advice.

Breezy said...

Kim? I seriously can't tell the difference between my StoveTop plus sausage stuffing and my Mom's homemade stuff. *grin* I vote StoveTop!

Oh and Momma? Yes.

kim (weltek) said...

I'm in SF for two different purposes from the 14-21. Then I leave again on the 25th for Texas. Sigh. I like work travel, but not this much.

momma said...

Yes? Yes what?
*head tilt*

Swami said...

1. I dislike sitting with my back to a door. This makes me kind of a nuisance sometimes in restaurants - but they are the places where I feel this need most urgently.

2. I want a cup of hot cocoa. Right now!

3. I bought some pink panties the other day. Usually I wear only black or nude but now I also have the option of pink.

I do not like Boston Baked Beans.
Chili beans? Fine.
Refried beans? Fine.
I think it's the sugar (or molasses - whatever) Sugar does not belong in beans.

Bravie said...

I do not understand how someone could not like Boston Baked beans.

kim (weltek) said...

Weltek does not like BBB, either. Midwesterners Against Boston Baked Beans! <---MABBB

Anonymous said...

I love BBB and Lemon Heads.

Schnookie said...

I'm having an anxiety attack and wish it would go away.

I have my space-heater on in my office and am starting to sweat. However, as soon as I turn it off, I'll get cold.

I've been craving chocolate cake for the past 4 days. I have also been craving steak the past month. I cannot remember the last time I ate a steak. Over a year I'm sure.

MM said...

1. I haven't read all the comments yet.

2. I'm having hideous cramps right now.

3. I drank my coffee out of my pretty tinkerbell mug. :)

*smooch* for Momma

Breezy said...

I'll join MABBB.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

The club FOR Boston Baked Beans?

I'm in.

Three randoms?

1.My 6yo is playing piano in here, and driving me nuts!
2. I learned how to make cheesecake lollipops this week (chocolate covered!)
3. I am not wearing rolled up pants.. I usually have to try to make my pants longer, because I am tall. It's an amazing feat if I find some long enough. :-)