So it looks like Thanksgiving will be me and DH. The kids are going to the lake with the in-laws and their dad for the weekend. DH's parents are going to their cousins' a few miles away from the farm, since all of them have to work Black Friday.
So I've bought a ham. And the stuff to make cheesecake. Other than that....I have no clue what I'm making for dinner. Or if I even care.
So what else should I serve?
12 comments:
I'm having:
Ham
Turkey (that BIL is bringing)
Mashed Potatoes
Candied Yams
Stuffing
Green Bean Caserole
Broccoli Cheese Caserole
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls
Key Lime Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
Plus a little queso beforehand for the football games.
I'm having what Boo's having.
*dips finger into Key Lime pie*
The real question - how do you FEEL about Thanksgiving just being you and DH? Are you feeling isolated? Are you looking forward to it?
Momma, you just need a nice salad. Maybe some sweet potatoes if you're in the mood. Why fuss?
I'm having:
Standing Rib Roast
Yorkshire Pudding
Steamed Green Beans
English Oven-Fried Potatoes
Cobb Salad (purchased)
and Pumpkin Pie (because Tom & Max need it.)
Tom is off on Black Friday. Me too - but then I only work 10-12 hrs/week time so that's no big deal.
Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all that DH and I are the only ones who will be at the house. To me, Thanksgiving has never been that big of a deal, so...*shrug*
Swami, I think you're right. I may just do a salad and some type of potato something...
It's just going to be me and BF, I guess. *sigh* When we were visiting his Mom in the hospital Saturday, her sis was there and said we were expected at her house. Everyone was. Ummmmm hello? I told his Dad and Mom last week that I would cook. *sigh* BF has no desire to go over there, so I'm cooking a turkey, taters, stuffing and corn for us. *grin*
We have 11 adults and 3 children. We're doing a deep fried turkey again this year. Mmmmmmmmmmm.
We're having Thanksgiving at my dad's. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love visiting with my cousins, who I don't get to see often enough. The other day I found out that my cousin Debbie, her mom, and her husband are coming. I haven't seem them since their wedding last year and I like them, so I was happy to hear they could make it.
Roast Turkey
Deep Fried Turkey
Traditional bread stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Fluffy Yams
Token Veggy Dish
Green Bean Casserole
Cranberries
Rolls
Best.Gravy.Ever
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Mousse Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake.
On Saturday, we might have my dad and stepmom over for dinner. I'll make another turkey, fancy mashed potatoes; cornbread, jalapeno, sausage and pecan stuffing, and a couple other interesting things. No pie. We'll have tons left over from Thursday.
Momma, if it's just the two of you, go out to dinner!
MTW, I still want your gravy recipe.
Poop.
But Puffy!!!! I don't waaaaaaaannna go out to dinner. /whine
And Breezy? When did you switch places with Bravie?
Hmm, so many places to go.. but I'd really want to go to Swami's for Yorkshire Pudding.. do you make individuals? or one big one!
Post a Comment