Joy Joy Joy
Here we go again!
Hurricane Rita is heading for the Texas Gulf Coast - Galveston and Houston are expected to take a direct hit on Friday. Larry is headed to Houston as I type to help evacuate patients from hospitals prior to the Hurricane hitting.
*sigh*
5 comments:
Aww, this sucks. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and hope this one doesn't do much damage.
{hugs} momma!
Big thanks to him again and to you!
Hopefully this time the government will get it right.
*hugs* I hope this all goes well. *smooch*
I saw Houston was evacuating and had to quick check the map. *whew* You're by Dallas. Stay there!
*smooch*
Shit...we're in for any where from 4-8" of rain at least. Not good. Well, it is, but ... it's been so long that we desperately need the rain. Just not all at one shot where it floods out half the state.
Looks like this one is roughly 300 miles across. Guess how far we are from Houston. Yeah. About that.
As of early this evening, it's a Cat 5 hurricane with winds in excess of 160 mph. It's expected to ease up a bit before landfall on Friday. Somehow this just isn't enough consolation for me. Especially since it will more than likely still be a Tropical Storm by the time it hits us.
*big sigh*
Post a Comment