Monday, September 19

Miscellaneous Monday Mishaps

Ten days ago Rotten2 had a nasty stomach bug - lasted about 48 hours. Friday, Rotten1 announces that his throat hurts. Well, it's a tad red, but no fever or anything. I attribute it to allergies and he keeps going like nothing is wrong. Saturday is much the same. Same with Sunday. Until 1:30 this morning. Rotten 1 wakes me up crying. Seven year old boys do not cry. His throat hurting woke him up. And he won't talk above a quiet whisper. He's burning up. So, back to his room we go. Five minutes later - he has 102.3 temp, a bright red throat, extremely swollen tonsils and refuses to drink. At 9:45 am our pedi broke the news - he has strep. I now feel like the worst Momma in the world for allowing him to go to the farm and run around like a little redneck child for the weekend with the cows and horses and ride four wheelers when I should have had him at home and at the pedi on Saturday AM. Also, I'm now wondering if this is really what Rotten2 had last week. My neice also has strep (confirmed today) and she also has a stomach bug with it. Hmm.. World's Worst Momma goes to......ME!

Which Superhero are you? From
here.
Name: Barbarella
Secret Identity: Momma's RL name
Special Power: Flight
Transportation: Shamu the Elephant
Weapon: Psionic Grenade
Costume: Spandex Pajamas
Sidekick: Festus
Nemesis: Tim the Elder
Tragic Flaw: Addicted to sugar
Favorite Food: Clam Chowder (Monsty, this part is not true.)


And there was something else...what was it? Hmm...Oh yeah...My Avon lady had an extra in her latest order, so...Carey, this is for you.

26 comments:

Zombs said...

Aren't sick kids the best? *grin*

Nothing I hate more is that they always seem to get sick Friday or Saturday night or over a holiday and you never know whether to take them to the doctor.

Poor kids, the stomach bug is the worst. Poor momma who is definately NOT the worst momma!

Bravie said...

Yay!!! for Momma. I was going to agree that you were the worst mother ever until you brought me prezzies. Now I think you are the most wonderful momma ever on earth.*grin* *smooch*

Bravie said...

*snort* I did the super hero thing.

Name: Madame Dancer
Secret Identity: carey ******
Special Power: Psychotronic Breath
Transportation: Nuclear Train
Weapon: Psionic Blunderbuss
Costume: Silk Pajamas
Sidekick: Bud
Nemesis: Arnold the Ripper
Tragic Flaw: Fear of germs
Favorite Food: Green Beans

Bravie said...

I'm LMAO. I did all the names of the peeps here whose full names I know. *snort* some of them are mighty mighty funny. *giggle*

Coco said...

*whacks bravie*

You? are not the worst mother in the world, Miss M. Trust me.

momma said...

I'm not, Coco? Are you sure? Cause I feel like it. :(

momma said...

Oh...and pffffffffffft! for Carey.

Hmph.

momma said...

Oh...one more thing - Carey, how did that quiz know about your fear of germs? It's not like you get to put that in!

Bravie said...

*dances around Coco* You don't scare me. nananananana

Momma, It says that Breezy has supar fart powers and that Glow is afraid of Timber wolves. *snort*

Immunegirl said...

*smooooooches* Momma. You are not the worst mom ever, I'm sure. Off take the quiz...

Immunegirl said...

Mostly for Carey....

Name: Lightning Fox
Secret Identity: Iggy's real name
Special Power: Kinetic Fart
Transportation: Turbo Submarine
Weapon: Psychotronic Cutlass
Costume: 100 Percent Cotton Bikini
Sidekick: Samwise
Nemesis: Jasmine the Younger
Tragic Flaw: Big nose
Favorite Food: Lasagna

Bravie said...

*giggle*

Rose said...

I definately feel your pain. Ugh. I wanna go to sleep, but I just got done watching Kitchen confidential, and now I'm watching the premiere of Medium... can't possibly miss that!

Rose.

Breezy said...

Darn kids!

Name: Golden Sister
Secret Identity: my name
Special Power: Twisting Enigma
Transportation: Magnetic Bathtub
Weapon: Flame Carbine
Costume: Fibersteel Leotard
Sidekick: Pippin
Nemesis: Harold the Puzzler
Tragic Flaw: Narcolepsy
Favorite Food: Cake

Where's the farting power?

Rose said...

Rose's superhero:

Name: Citronella
Secret Identity: Rose ****
Special Power: Invisible Feet
Transportation: Magnetic Train
Weapon: Graviton Blunderbuss
Costume: Stainless Steel Skin
Sidekick: Bobo
Nemesis: John the Deadly
Tragic Flaw: Laziness
Favorite Food: Twinkies

How did they know my tragic flaw?
Oh, and twinkies are nasty! I'd much rather have some nice tiramisu.

Carey- I got the train!!!!

Bravie said...

Breezy, what the hell name are you using because I did it again and you came up with kinetic fart as your super power. Do you know your real name? Or have you given me the wrong name all this time?

Breezy said...

I just did it again, no farts.

Bravie said...

Use your real name ya bimbo.

Glowie said...

Name: Lightning Sister
Secret Identity: Gloria ******
Special Power: Magnetic Gaze
Transportation: Turbo Scooter
Weapon: Psionic Cutlass
Costume: Golden Gauntlets
Sidekick: Bufurt
Nemesis: Jasmine the Deadly
Tragic Flaw: Big nose
Favorite Food: Cheese


I am confused.

mm said...

Name: Lightning Man
Secret Identity: Tabitha
Special Power: Kinetic Breath
Transportation: Electric Bicycle
Weapon: X-Ray Gun
Costume: Spandex Shorts
Sidekick: Merry
Nemesis: Jasmine the Mad
Tragic Flaw: Fear of falling
Favorite Food: Cashews


Psst...what is kinetic breath??

Glowie said...

MM, honey, you were supposed to change it to female. Unless, of course, your superhero alterego is a man. heh

mm said...

LOL! Very nice. Good grief.

Name: Storm Woman
Secret Identity: tabitha
Special Power: Kinetic Breath
Transportation: Electric Bicycle
Weapon: X-Ray Gun
Costume: Alligator Bikini
Sidekick: Merry
Nemesis: Jasmine the Mad
Tragic Flaw: Fear of falling
Favorite Food: Cashews

*still wondering what kinetic breath is*

Monstah said...

Momma, you so ain't the worst momma. You leave the kindest support and advice on my blog and worst mommas don't do that sort of thing.

Icecream time! Oh and give some to the Rottens too. Might help soothe the old throat.)

Hope the Rottens feel better soon!

momma said...

I've gone through two boxes of popsicles in the last week. It's crazy!

*smooch* to all the mommas and Carey!

Immunegirl said...

Wah! I feel left out without a smooch. :(

momma said...

Oh shit - sorry Ig!

*sa-moooooooooooooooooooch*