Monday, September 26

Ow #*#$%(*& !!!!!

So after our nice, fairly quiet but windy weekend ... I put the Rottens to bed. Kiss them goodnight. Head into the living room to read some of my book. Sit on the couch. Pick up book. *cue Rotten2 hollering for Momma* Get up. Go back in her room. Step on the floor and land inside the Barbie castle on the other side of the room.

What.the.fuck. It seems there was a pink, plastic high heeled dress up shoe left in the floor. And I stepped on it. And have now done something to my knee. After an hour last night of ice, four Ibuprofen, and a child that refused to sleep....I'm in serious pain. The good news? It's not black and blue and I can "walk." The not so good news? It's really swollen, hurts like a SOB, and my foot and toe movements are pretty limited.

*sigh*

14 comments:

Zombs said...

Uh oh sounds like a sprain or something bad?

I knew Barbie was evil.

momma said...

DH thinks something to do with a nerve.

This wasn't a "Barbie" shoe...this was one of those plastic shoes that come in a three pack in the dress up/girly aisle in Walmart. You know you have these things in your house too!

mm said...

Aww, sorry momma. I'm trying to be really good here, normally the second someone says "ouch" I start laughing. But this sounds like you might need to see the Dr., no?

momma said...

You can laugh, mm. I did last night after I realize how stupid it all sounds.

Rose said...

okay, after your hobbling comment in Carey's blog, I thought you had gotten well, you know...

But this is much less exciting, and very relatable. I fall about 3x per week on assorted hot wheel cars....

Breezy said...

Gimpazoid? Is that you? He is at the docs this instant getting his left knee rechecked. He sprained it quite badly, same as you.

momma said...

It is my left knee. How'd you know?

Breezy said...

I'm physic. *grin*

Seana said...

My MIL once stood up quickly, not realising that her foot was asleep and broke her ankle.

I laughed at her and 2 weeks later, I sprained my ankle doing the same thing.

I'm so, so sorry to hear about this Momma. I hope you feel better soon.

You see how I learn? :D

Bravie said...

I try not to elave my pink dress up shoes out for people to step on.

Monstah said...

Shoot. I was all set to ask you to do a ballet version of Judge Judy too. Now how am I suppose to entertain my faithful over at Lobstah Cam?

momma said...

*snort*
Monsty funny.

Well, it's only sprained/twisted. Nothing's broken. Wait a week or so, dope myself up on Motrin 600mg and stay off it. At that point, if it's not any better, we'll do an MRI to make sure I didn't damage nerves or ligaments.

Coco said...

'Ballet version of Judge Judy'.

If I have nightmares, I will blame you.

And Momma, that stinks. I sincerely hope that Rotten 2 is deeply repentant. And that your husband is fetching you peeled grapes as we speak.

You know what? Even I have those shoes in my house.

arkie said...

Aw, momma! That sounds so painful. But landing inside the Barbie castle sounds quite funny.

*hugs*