Wednesday, January 4

Childhood? TMI.

I am in so very much trouble. Yep. I will be. Last night, in the truck, the Rottens and I had a very interesting discussion. Tampons, sex, penises, and vaginas ~ the ultimate in childish laughter ensued. We covered the whys and the whatfors of the basics. And it all started by Rotten1 asking what that box of things in my bathroom cabinet was. Tampons. What are they for? And so on and so forth.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then it would be appropriate for me to *giggle* here.

There have been many mornings where Conner has gone into the bathroom cabinet and come out with a tampon in his hand.

momma said...

Just you wait. You'll have to explain it all some day. And yes, you may giggle. We all did.

Bravie said...

I'm waiting to hear your explanation of it all.

mm said...

I've only just recently told mine about all that. I tried when they were younger, but DD absolutely refused to acknowledge it, and DS was just too immature. At any rate, I figured now that they are in 5th grade, they needed to hear it whether they wanted to or not. I did mine seperately, and they both asked if I told the other twin the "same thing". When I said yes, they were both very embarrassed. :)

Schnookie said...

Oh my, LOL. I wish I could have heard that conversation :-)

One day, they'll come out with something from that conversation while you are standing in line in public LOL.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Laughing at MM's twins and their constranation that he/she knows about this too!

I got the converstion from my stepmom at 10 (who got her period at 11 and thought she was going to die). It sounded very scary.

I think the giggles are best way Tx

momma said...

Well, we didn't get too in depth. I tried to stay away from the whole "how babies are made" portion just because they are only 7 and 5.

And Carey, tampons are inserted into the vagina to keep you from bleeding. Why do grown up girls bleed? Because that's from where the babies are kept when a mommy is pregnant. If you bleed, you don't have a baby. Do the babies come out of the vagina? Yes. They do. HOW?!?! Well, they can either cut you open, like I was or the baby is pushed out of the vagina. *imagine every one's surprise as they realize a baby is big and certain body holes are very small*

And yes, many times the words Weiner, boobs and tits were used. And occasionally weiner was substituted for vagina. *shrug* At least they know they can ask. Although, they may not like the answers they get. *grin*

Coco said...

I know I should not be taking this conversation about babies emerging personally.

*is grumpy*

momma said...

Coco, just be glad you aren't inserting tampons.

~Nutz said...

I remember way back when, when the kids were first curious about that stuff. You did it just like I did. Tell them the complete honest truth, but only tell them what they want to know at the time. This opens the door for future conversations and it's best they learn it from you. (That's how I felt at any rate.)

Oh, and just you wait, it'll get better! *grin*

kim (weltek) said...

*points and laughs* No seriously, you are an awesome mom to sit & have those discussions, even if they found most of it uncomfortably funny.

momma said...

Weltek, the worst part of it all? We were on our way to Rotten1's Cub Scout meeting. I just KNEW he was going to say something to one of his friends.

Bravie said...

LOL. Good explanations, Momma.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else remember laughing hysterically while taking your forefinger and putting it into the "hole" that is the fist of the other hand?

MM: Did you really tell them both the same thing?

mm said...

*thinks Boo is alone on that one* :P


It was a sex talk, so yes. They both now realize what goes where and why. Kinda. I left out some details. And of course I didn't really talk to him about oobies.

momma said...

mm, like I told Rotten1, they are not boobies or titties or oobies! They are breasts.

*Cue another round of childish laughter over the word breasts*

Zombs said...

Good for you Momma! I intend to be very honest and open. It does not embarass me. I had a tough time talking to my mother about anything. Even today I do.

She is old-school Irish Catholic. She would flip out if she knew my history. Trust me it is not a very exciting one either but nonetheless it would crush her to know I lost my virgintiy at that time a good 12 years earlier.

On my wedding day she whispered in my ear "Remember to lay down a towelon the sheet tonight, it only hurts for a little while". I remember the day and night before I was so nervous that she would corner me to try and "explain". Luckily that was the extent of her "teaching".

Anyhoo, remember to tell them a tampon will plug up a cooler too if the spigot is missing.

momma said...

It also can reak havoc on a fuel injected car's gas tank. Plugs up the fuel line while the car is driving. Falls out when the car is parked and off. Hysterical when done to a mortal enemy's car.

Schnookie said...

I bet they will giggle whenever someone has a chicken breast *giggle*

LMAO at z'baby. Did she really whisper that to you on your wedding day? Wow!

Seana said...

More giggles @ Zbaby. Wow.

Good job, momma! I've already had to explain the tampons and pads. We did it pretty much the same way.

Sonya said...

You poor thing. You so have your hands full.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Zombs, Really?

What did you say?

Monstah said...

Sounds like just another entry in Coco's blog, actually.

BlindSlim~CSTL said...

lol...well I guess asking about the tampons isn't too bad. I was at the Future MrsSlims last month and Syrenboy reached under the bed and pulled out a buzzing bag. What fun we had explaining that without telling him what it really was.

My own 8 y/o has started all the questions too. Why can't they just stay 3 forever...wait?? did I really just say that? strike that...lol

*cstl*

momma said...

Oooooooh! That's one I don't want to have to deal with for a while, Slim.

*waves to cstl and syren*

Immunegirl said...

I am very glad that you explained tampons to the Rottens, momma. Finding out that a male friend (in college!) does not understand what a tampon is can be extrordinarlily funny, but is probably bad. It's good that Rotten1 will escape that humiliation.

lights said...

Some fun huh Momma? The best question my son ever asked was, "What's a sperm bank?" after watching Win, Lose or Draw.

I told him it was like regular banks but they dealt in a different kind of currency. What? He was about 6 at the time. We laugh about it now.