Friday, January 13

Miscellaneous Things

Driving in to work this morning, I saw a new billboard for the movie Curious George opening in theatres in February. There's a 10 foot tall monkey staring at me from the side of the road. It makes me think of our own Monsty and Gus.

Beaumont to El Paso: 742 miles
Beaumont to Chicago: 770 miles
El Paso is closer to California than to Dallas
I could move to El Paso *shudder* and be closer to Knockers than my family

King Ranch in Texas is larger than Rhode Island.

When you donate blood, like I did yesterday, it takes your body less than 72 hours to replenish the pint or two or whatever that you gave. Did you know the average adult has between 14-18 pints of blood?

21 comments:

lights said...

Good for you Momma. I love to hear about people donating blood. It makes me sad that I can't anymore.

*smoooches*

Sonya said...

Things that make you say - hmmmmm......

(Damm this shows my age. This was an old late night Aresenio Hall quote. Does anyone remember him?)

Bravie said...

Yay!!!! Momma is moving closer to me. *hops up and down*
I'll help you move. Woo Hoo.

As for that other thing *shudder* I feel faint just reading it. I don't know how I don't faint when I get my period.

momma said...

Arsenio Hall? Ugh.

~Nutz said...

El Paso is not a great place, is it?

kim (weltek) said...

Have another drink, momma. *makes cuckoo gesture*

momma said...

I am NOT cuckoo, Kim.

*sticks out tongue at Kim*

kim (weltek) said...

All the looney people do that.

momma said...

And you would know this how, exactly?

kim (weltek) said...

Have you listened to my husband? Total whack job.

Glowie said...

I like to donate blood. I used to donate plasma. I liked that more. I might start doing that agian.

momma said...

Umm...Kim? Your husband is a lot like mine, remember?

mm said...

If you move closer to Carey, we could have a three-way! (peep meet, I mean)

Bravie said...

I'm all for the three way. (peep meet that is)

Seana said...

Good for you for giving blood. They're full of interesting info down there. I've started giving platelets instead, which is kind of the same as giving plasma - Hi, Glow! They need it all.

Zombs said...

I keep hearing that old salsa commercial "pass the old el plaso"

Zombs said...

I am waiting for them to make a movie Epicurious George- thrill to Geoprge's antics as the banana flambe runs amok.

Sonya said...

Momma can't move. That would make her even farther from me and I don't get to see her enough as it is.

Bravie said...

Momma can move near me if she wants to damnit. *stomps foot*

mm said...

and I've heard momma can move really well, ifyouknowwhatimean. *wink*

Aislinn Sirk said...

I remember when my friends when give blood just to get drunk cheap.

Ah, University!